-15-

(!TW! This chapter contains talk of sexual assault/rape. Reader discretion is advised.)

Light hadn't given up on trying to make things right between him and his partner, but this time, he was going about it in a completely different way.

He stood outside of the raven-haired girl's house as it poured down raining, shivering from the gust of wind that blew his way. His knocks were hard to miss as he banged on the door. He knew her father and little sister were home, so there was no one to run him out if push comes to shove.

He listened as the locks clicked and the door slowly opened, a confused look resting on her face until she met his eyes. Her look of confusion quickly turned into a hard glare, shooting daggers at the boy in front of her.

"I thought I told you never come near me again? In fact, I'm pretty sure those were my exact words." His tone was colder than the storm outside, and her eyes were filled with irritation. "I need to talk to you."

"You need to leave before I slit your throat right here."

As she tried to slam the door in his face, he stopped her. His strength was greater than hers when he actually wanted to fight back. She scoffed as he pushed through the door, now standing in her living room.

Katsuki knew there was no easy way out of this, so she shut the door and stood several feet away from him.

"What do you want, Yagami." He internally cringed at being back on last name basis, but he kept his composure on the outside. "You owe me a favor that's long overdue."

She sighed, sitting down on the couch next to her.

"And what kind of favor do you need from me? If it involves the Kira case, you're out of luck. Near won't let me anywhere near it after..."

"After what?" That stupid fucking smirk.

"It doesn't matter. What do you want from me?"

"I want you to get close to Mello to receive information about the case, I need to know if they're on to me." Was he that dense?

"I just said they won't let me anywhere near the case."

"Near may not, but you've got Mello wrapped around your finger. You just don't know it yet." I wanted to argue and protest against doing this, but I had no choice. I had to keep my word.

But this only reminded me of what I've done to Light, or technically, what I did. I was continuing my task, only this time, I had a new target.

"I have a request, but only if you're willing. I doubt It would work given your status with the Japanese task force, but I've done an analysis,  and I think it could work." I swear If he says what I think he will. "I want you to befriend Light Yagami and get a confession out of him." Yeah, I called that. A point for me and zero for L.

"There's no way he'll fall for that, he's way too smart."

"I overheard your conversation in the library. Take Light up on his offer and get to know him, but keep your act up. You'll do great, you're intelligent, Katsuki."