-16-

Longanimity(n.):
Silent suffering while planning revenge.

My actions from the weeks prior had caused me to end up in a place of horror. My father had called the police that night, and I was emitted into a private hospital. They wanted to fill me up with medication but I refused. Dad didn't press charges, but he also hasn't spoken to me since.

I didn't feel an ounce of regret for my actions though, he deserved that stinging feeling of my blade slowly cutting into his neck. He deserved to fear for his life the same way mom did. He deserved to think he didn't have a chance.

I wanted to get out of here. No information had been given to me about my discharge day.

I paced around the room, trying to gather my thoughts. They were running wild since I've been in here with no mental stimulation.

My eyes darted towards the sound of the door unlocking. A raven-haired boy and bright blonde walked in. My first instinct was the run into his arms. His hand moved up and down my back as a soothing gesture.

I wasn't supposed to be vulnerable around these two, nor was I supposed to have an attachment to Mello. But I did anyways. I was putting my own feelings above my task, and if L was here, I would have failed him.

"You're going home today. We're gonna fill out some paperwork while you get changed into something else." Mello placed a small kiss on my temple, earning us a look of confusion and curiosity from Near.

I had interest in only one thing inside the bag: My pants.

I wasn't excited to put them on, I was focused on the small pocket I had sown to the inside of it. It contained a paper, but more specifically, paper from Lights death note.

I had saved it from when I wrote down Jame's name. But this time, the name I was writing wasn't of someone who had forced themselves on me. It was the name of a close relative.

I had no clue if this was a smart idea, but I went through with it anyway, pulling out a needle from the same pocket.

Pricking my finger would make a tiny dot of blood escape from my skin, and I would write the name of the man who helped conceive me.

I observed the police cruiser parked outside of the house. It's almost as if they knew I would come here. I had every right to, after all. My things were here. But so was my little sister.

My curls bounced as I strutted towards the front door, unlocking it and stepping in. I would two officers consoling my little sister. It must've happened already, how did I forget so soon?

"Are you Hinata Katsuki?" I changed my posture to something worry-like. "Yes? Can I ask why you're here?"

"Your father passed away from a fatal heart attack this morning, I'm sorry for your loss." He was more of a loss for Yoshi than he would ever be for me.

"He left everything to you, along with granting full custody of your little sister if anything were to happen to her. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact either one of us." The girl handed me a business card before signaling for her partner to follow her out.

My attention finally turned to Kiyoshi. She seemed oddly okay.

"Are you okay, Yoshi?" I sat down next to her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "There's nothing to cry about because I hate him. He didn't go to Mom's funeral, he didn't believe a single thing you told him, and now he's left the both of us."

My mind wouldn't leave the fact that she somehow knew about our shared words. The last time I checked, she was staying with Sayu that night at Lights.

"Listen to me, no matter what, he is still your father. He's still the person who bought you toys and loved you with everything he had in him. Don't hate him for a few mistakes." I was contradicting myself at the end of the day. I hated that man for everything did up until his last day on this earth. He deserved to die in vain.

"But-"

"Kiyoshi Hinata." She knew I was serious whenever I used her full name. She hushed up, letting out a breath she probably never knew she was holding. "Go pack your things, I'm gonna talk to Sayu's mom and see if we can stay there."

"I thought you and Light were in a fight with each other?" My eyebrows furrowed at this. "What do you mean?"

"The big guy told me. He said you were mad at Light." I gave a suppressed smile, all the while I wanted to slit Light and Ryuk's throats.

"Hurry up, we don't have a lot of time on our hands."

I hated the thought of little Yoshi turning into another me, and the pit in my stomach grew larger as I noticed her behavior changing. What hurt most was knowing she had met my shinigami friend, because, in the end, that meant she had found the notebook and was blessed with its powers to see Ryuk.

I could only hope she didn't know what it was for.

My body rested against Mellow's as I tried to piece my thoughts together. He held me tightly against his bare chest as I traced his new scar.

"Does it hurt?" What a dumb question, Katsuki. "Sometimes, not as much as when I first got it." He gently grabbed my hand, placing a soft kiss on it. "I'm sorry about your father."

"Yeah... I'm sorry too." I didn't have much to say about the topic, so I changed it to the first thing that came to my mind, "How's the case?"

"We got a lead. Light Yagami, it seems like L was right all along." I felt my breathing become heavy. I felt like I was going to pass out. If they figured Light out, then it was a matter of. time before they figured me out as well.

I let Mello see me in a weak state. But at this point, I didn't care. I was scared.

I felt his arms wrap around me from behind, pulling me closer to him. It was suffocating. I needed to get out of here as soon as possible before my entire life is left in shambles.

Mello thought I was scared because of all the time I've spent with Light, but in reality, I was scared of what would happen to us. He thought he was comforting me in a moment of panic, he thought I loved him in the same sense he loved me, but in the end, I was plotting his downfall, and maybe even his death.