-17-

They say the villain always loses. They say the villain is the bad guy. They say the villain does no good. Well, I think they're all wrong. Since the beginning of time and literature, a villain's story has been frowned upon. No one has ever taken the time to consider if said villain is truly good, or truly evil.

I have learned a lot in the short time I've been alive; I've experienced the most unimaginable loss known to the world. I've had people I trusted with my life stab me in the back. 

But there is truly only one important lesson I have learned: A hero would sacrifice you to save the world and show them they're good, while a villain all sacrifice the world to prove to you he is good.

Katsuki's POV.

I've come to the conclusion that my world will come to an end, sooner rather than later. So I'm setting Yoshi's life up. I can't leave her with nothing, and I can not die or be convicted knowing she will have no one to care for her. 

And that's exactly why everything will go to Ms.Yagami when the time comes, and she will be granted full custody of the little girl I know and love with every bone in my body.

I will be leaving her by herself without a sliver of family. And I had every regret about it.

I was being selfish when Light and I became partners, not only in crime but in life. I began to truly care for him, only setting the both of us up for whatever is next to come. 

Maybe in another lifetime, we would grow to see our children's children, but we won't be making it past our twenty-fifth birthdays. Hopefully, we live long enough to see that day come for both of us. 

I am filled with every ounce of regret for whatever event is about to take place. I only hope I die with my hand in his, watching as the sun set upon us, feeling nothing but tranquility. 

My hands moved between my suitcase and the dresser in front of me. I had no intentions of making this place my home, and it seemed as though Light had the same feelings.

His body rested against the door frame as he watched me fold clothes, placing them inside different drawers. 

His stare was hard and nerve-wracking. I hated being under his glare. 

While it may not have affected me many years ago, it did now. His face was blank and unreadable at the moment.

"Don't get too comfortable." I internally shuttered at the coldness of his voice. I stayed quiet, only letting the tension and silence rise between us. 

I hadn't placed an eye on him yet, I didn't have an interest in doing so. That was until his body shifted uncomfortably in the corner of my eye. 

I let out a long breath, trying to pull my words together. "Was your apology sincere?" 

Light didn't speak for a while, but he kept eye contact with me the entire time. 

I felt uneasy at the moment, not knowing what would spew from his mouth in the next couple of minutes. 

"I meant it when I said I was sorry. I was going to take someone away from you when they were all you had at the time, and although I'd like to apologize until my throat is sore and I can no longer speak, we simply don't have enough time for that."

I wanted to believe every word he had just spoken, but something in me was keeping me from doing so. I felt my heartache the longer I thought about his statement. "You're lying, Light. Just a few years ago you hated me, and now you're acting as if you care about me?"

"I've learned a lot in these few years we've spent together, Katsuki. I don't wanna fight with you during whatever time we have left together." He took a deep breath before his body came closer to mine. I couldn't bear making eye contact anymore. 

His Hans reached for mine, and I unwillingly let him take them. It was as if my body was going rogue at the moment. My mind wanted one thing, but my heart and body wanted him.

"Even though I lived my life trying to destroy you, the thought of you being gone makes my stomach twist and turn in the most unimaginable ways."

Was it a bad day that caused Katsuki to near down this path? Or was she always on the wrong path and it just took a bad day to realize it?

She had felt no warmth from the world until she watched it burn, but little did she know that some of the fire would attach to her and never go out. 

It's when life is almost at an end when you truly realize its importance. 

Light had danced her around the moon and the stars, and she had never felt more alive than she did with him. But alas, they knew their story had come to an end; The time was all wrong, and the universe waits for no one.