Chapter 3: the handsome stranger

Your name is Jade and you are sitting impatiently looking at the door hoping your friend will show up. Rose looks at you and asks "now Jade i notice you are on the edge hoping dave will walk through that door, but do you even know what he looks like?" John chuckles and looks up at you.

You turn to her, lose focus and break into a nervous laugh "um.. Hehe no. I didn't think about that." John starts laughing and claps slowly, saying "classic Jade!" You look at him " yeah, yeah very funny! C'mon John help me look."

You keep looking until the bell rings, the only thing out of the ordinary was this boy with blond hair and some black aviator shades. You thought maybe that could be him but you quickly doubted yourself since you were always somewhat confused about his irony.

You always thought almost everything he said was ironic so you thought when he talked about being cool like that, you understood that he wasn't cool or he wasn't cool at all. Either way it would be fine since you guys weren't that cool.
---------------------------------------------
(Dave's POV)
You are just walking into the cafeteria and you look around for Jade, John and Rose. You are trying to find them but first of all you don't know what they look like.

Second of all you can't really see much at the angle with the entrance behind you so you ended up having to sit down at a table alone near the entrance. You wait for the bell to ring and look for your class.

You end up being about two minutes late since you aren't used to the school and there was only one seat empty it was next to this adorable black haired girl with bright green eyes. You shrug and think to yourself eh I could sit next to her no problem.

You smirk as you walk over a gently plop yourself in the chair next to her. You lay back in your chair with your backpack next to your foot.
---------------------------------------------
(Jade's POV)
You notice the blond boy is sitting next to you. You find him really handsome and cool and sort of even cute to an extent-URGG! But you can barley find the courage to talk to him! Gog help me, please don't act stupid!

After about 15 minutes casually looking over at him then back so he wouldn't notice you barley spit out "hi." He sits up and looks at you "oh, hey there. Nice to meet you." He puts his hand out, you smile and shake his hand. "My name is Jade." He has a somewhat focused look on his face then he shrugged and said "hey, I'm Dave."

You hear him say that and instantly begin to think whoa is this really dave? Dave Strider? You want to ask him but for some odd reason you find yourself fighting the idea that Dave is this cool, laid back guy since the Dave you know is ironic, funny and very serious for certain things.
---------------------------------------------
(Dave's POV)
You were almost convinced that the girl next to you was your very good friend Jade Harley but you really doubted yourself and didn't care enough to ask.

You then resume your forward sitting position and sit back not really paying attention to stupid first day stuff the teacher was going on about. You fix your shades and constantly check your phone waiting for the last few minutes of class to pass.

The bell rings and you exit your class and wave good bye to your new friend. The rest of the day is quite boring since all the teachers talk about the same exact things. Your new friend seemed to be in 2 more of your 5 classes.