26: DOGGY LOVER

☆彡:・;.*:・。

"HEY, SORRY. I'M SORRY. I forgot we had a meeting and this guy was asking me something and the Xan went missing- she stole some lady's wallet—"
The door of the shop rang as Lip shot through the shop, blood still racing as he tried to calm himself down from everything going on this morning. He needed to sit down before he felt like he needed a drink. "I'm sorry, Ky."

"Don't worry about it. Nobody came in so I just finished the bike" She cleaned her hands on a rag.

"You finished it?" He did a double-take with a step forward, glancing his eyes from her to the shiny motorcycle sitting behind her, propped up like it had just come straight from a showroom. "Shit! You did it."

"Mhm, I did that," she smiled proudly, standing next to him as they gazed at the machine like proud parents. Lip couldn't help but let out a pleased laugh, placing his hands on her shoulders from behind as they inspected the vehicle from top to bottom. She held up the keys on her finger, tilting her head to the side so the guy could get a full view. "You can take it for a spin and try it out."

"You doubting yourself now, huh?" He grabbed the keys and walked over to the motorbike. Kylie followed him over with crossed arms and looked at him.
"Nope. It'll run. I just wanna see if it's foolproof."

Lip shook his head at her dig and threw a leg over the seat, adjusting his lower half to sit comfortably on it before scooting forward. "Well come on."

Kylie looked at him like he was crazy. "Uh, if we're both going on this thing, I'm the one driving it." She told him, wrapping her leg over the dual seat, forcing him to slide back and make room.

"Alright, we'll I'm riding it on the way back," he grinned, passing her the helmet. "Helmet."
"Passenger gets the helmet." She refused it.
"Not in this case." He slipped it on her head anyway. Not over Veronica's dead body.
Kylie twisted the keys into the ignition and felt her body jump as it rumbled to life, sending vibrations through her body as she twisted the handlebars to make it roar even louder. "Shit! You hear that!" She laughed, feeling arms tighten on her waist.
"Shit. Yeah, I hear it."

The two wheeled out of the shutter and took it for a spin, Kylie being the daredevil she is, speeding more than she should have for someone who didn't have a motorcycle license. She raced through lights and yes, even annoyingly challenged the guy at a red light to a race who was also driving one. Her ego inflated when she'd oh so obviously won, sending her into a fit of laughter with how much fun she was having.

She swapped positions with Lip who was quieter, for the most part, enjoying himself but also trying to concentrate on the ride and only the ride. "Alright. Let's get back. I'm gonna have to work night shift to make up for all these lost hours. Don't need you trailing me out here to spin these wheels."

"Loosen up, you tense fuck." She dug her finger into his side as she slipped up against him. She only then realized how accurate her statement actually was when she felt how tense he was when she felt his back muscles against her chest. She tried to give him the helmet but he placed his hand on the top, forcing her to open the glass and look at him in the eye as he held it down for her to keep it on. "Are you okay?"

"Huh?" He kicked the petal before looking over his shoulder, "yeah it's just . . been a stressful day."

Kylie shifted in her seat and placed her head to his back, thinking of what she could say to make him feel better. She knew Xan was the biggest factor- practically parenting her until any family of hers made a sign of coming back to raise her. That wasn't fair on him, and on top, he had a sponsor to guide, as well as still helping himself and almost gaining another. She also knew Younes' death must still play on his mind, and also the thought of the girl from the other week who said he wasn't a good fuck. Oh! And he was down $80 after Xan had stolen that lady's wallet.