10: MEET THE PARENTS

☆彡:・;.*:・。

FOUNTAINS. GOLDEN GATES. Gardens the size of farming fields and cars packed in driveways it looked like mini car dealerships.

Mansions made up the rich, snobby-looking- neighborhood Kylie drove by, looking like your stereotypical, rich suburb neighborhood.
No kids were roaming the street, throwing rocks or setting trashcans on fire, or even stray dogs running about.
The only living thing Kylie could see was a little girl sitting at a customized lemonade stand that looked like it cost the same price as Kylie's phone.

She was surprised to have found a real-life lemonade stand where kids ran it and grown adults from Southside weren't robbing it of its profit.

Kylie had landed in Dakota this morning at 9:00 and had been driving around for the last hour and a half to arrive at the appointed home. Her head was glued to the window, her eyes not leaving her surroundings as she watched all the different places she passed by.

She was still a nervous wreck— smoking eight cigarettes after another since leaving the airport in Chicago. She was simply too nervous to be dragged into an environment she never knew- which she found ironic because her hometown was the other end of the stick and really, she should be happy she was going to this better half of the stick.

This end of Dakota just made her feel tense— she just didn't belong here, and she knew it.

Dreadfully, the cab came to a stop outside an equally big house; Kylie already able to tell it was three stories high. The house was just outside the countryside, with the neighborhood being covered in green with the constantly watered grass and trees. Each house was as big as the next, and Kylie felt completely out of her comfort zone as she stepped outside the car.

When she entered the home, she had a brief encounter with those who claimed to have been her parents and spent the majority of the day exploring the house and neighborhood. She'd barely spoken a word and ate her dinner in silence- not even enjoying it as her stomach was still full of butterflies.
She then had an early night after being ushered to bed- claiming she should rest up before they tackled the day and got stuck in with getting to know each other.

So now she was awake in the bedroom, laying in the king-sized bed on her own as she prepared herself to get out of bed.
She didn't know if it was rude of her or not to stumble downstairs in her dressing gown instead of her outfit for the day and debated getting ready so early in the morning for breakfast.

A knock at the door sounded in her room and she glanced up to find the family maid with a tray in her hands. "Good evening Miss. Anderson. Care for another drink?" She'd asked, offering her a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade. Kylie found that weird but accepted the gesture and took the drink from the silver tray.

Who the fuck wants to be a maid? She thought, bringing it to her lips. "Thanks."

She nodded. "Any requests regarding breakfast?"

And who the fuck even speaks like that in real life? "No. Thanks."

She nodded once again before going back to the restaurant of a kitchen.
Kylie decided to head downstairs in her robe anyway, too lazy to change so early and too embarrassed to find an outfit of hers that would make her blend in with her surroundings.

She entered the main living room, hating her conditions but still amazed at the structure of the house— she couldn't take her eyes off it.
The house had marble walls and marble floors, chandeliers on every ceiling, and at least three mirrors in each room.
Every room was polished clean, smelling of pure, cleaning chemicals that Kylie could make out her reflection.