Chapter 11: David's Birthday

Many months have passed by. David and I have been going out on dates for many nights. We went rock climbing and I beat David to the top. We went bowling with everyone and my dad came in first, Matthew came in second and David came in third. We played miniature golf and David beat me. We played one-on-one basketball and I won. David must have made won or he just can't play basketball well because I don't know how to play I just know how to shoot. We went to the movies, David Busters in Long Island and went other places and did other things.

We are now in June and my baby's birthday was coming up. The tickets that we all got from Andre were for a basketball game in David's birthday. Andre told me, only me, that he got V. I. P. passes so David can meet the players and get there autograph. Andre also told me that his family is good friends with the couch of the Knicks and he can get the players, during half time, to wish David happy birthday.

David's birthday had come. That day we all skipped school and went to the basketball game. The Knicks were playing the Lakers. When we got to the game, it seemed like David was sad or upset because I didn't say happy birthday to him. Every one said it but I didn't, he must of assumes that I forgot his birthday. Half time was coming soon, so I said,

"Baby I'll be right back." Then I left.

"We are now going into half time."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we would like to make a shot out to the birthday boy, David Jackson. Happy birthday David. Now we will hear a little something from a beautiful young lady," a guy said. As I looked at where David was, he was shocked and very happy.

"Happy birthday David. I wish you live to see many more birthdays and I love you baby."

"Now a shot out from the team," the guy said.

"Happy Birthday David. Enjoy man," the whole team said as they handed me a shirt to give to David. Then I ran back to David and hugged him. Suddenly, I heard "Kiss Cam." As I turned around I saw the camera on a few couples. Suddenly I saw me and David on the jumbo screen. The guy with the camera said, "Give the birthday boy, a birthday kiss."

"I'll be glad to," I said as I grabbed David's face and gave him a nice birthday kiss. When we finished, he heard everyone clapping.

"Happy Birthday Baby"

"I thought you forgot my birthday."

"I can never forget your birthday. What kind of a girlfriend would I be if I forgot my baby's birthday, the best day of this life?"

"Well actually it's my second best day of my life."

"What's the first?"

"When I met you and asked you to be my girlfriend and I got to do this," he said as he kissed me and I started smiling like an idiot.

As we sat and finished watching the rest of the game, David had hid hand around me and he was just happy. By the look on his face I knew he was surprised and happy that his favorite team said happy birthday to him. I grew happy too because David was happy. I kissed him on his cheek and rested my head on his shoulder and he held me tighter.

When the game was done, David said,

"Thank you guys for a wonderful birthday. I'm going to wait for you guys outside."

"Not so fast," Andre said.

"What happened?" David said, confused.

"Your birthday ain't over here yet."

"What do you mean?"

"My family is friends with the Knicks coach."

"So......what you asked him to let us meet the team because it's my birthday and give me their autographs?" he said laughing.