The Prince's Cousin

Matthew walked down the hall searching for Gilbert who seemed to have vanished after there little incident. He searched the dining hall, the garden, the library, the ball room, anywhere he thought he maybe hiding. Yet he was no where to be seen. He was completely lost, the prince had been so eager to find him earlier only to disappear. Was he upset with Matthew? Perhaps because of the headbutt? Or was it that he may have murmured some of his dream outloud as he slept. But Matthew couldn't think of a time he had ever been accused of sleep talking. All the thinking made his worry worsen. He wandered to the front entrance of the castle to see a carriage and four pure white horses trotting up the winding path. He took a step forward to get a closer look around the hedges that lined the main path to the garden but was taken by surprise when something grabbed him and pulled him into the bush. He let out a small yip before a hand covered his mouth. He glanced up and saw Gilbert peeking over the bush then crouching down beside him. Gilbert looked down to see Matthew struggling to move his hand away from his face. The prince removed it and placed a finger to his lips to hush the small blond. Matthew sat up and looked at the Prussian in wonder, then he whispered.

"Why are we hiding??"

Gilbert shushed him then glanced over the bush one more time. He looked back and grabbed Matthew's hand crawling away from the bush trying to make his way back into the castle. Once they got around the corner and made it safely inside Gilbert started up his pace and Matthew was dragged along side him. They ran up the stairs and around the main hall towards Matthew's bedroom but before they got there the king stepped in front of them bringing their slight adventure to a halt.

"Where do yah think yer' goin'?" The king grumbled.

"Er.... Mattie was gonna teach me, um, how to make a bed." Gilbert lied.

Matthew lifted a brow and looked at the king in innocent confusion.

"You know Roderick is coming over today." The king said crossing his arms.

"Oh? Was that today?"

"Get downstairs." The king ended before walking away.

Gilbert grumbled and turned towards Matthew. His face was red and The prince stared at him confused until he realized how tightly he was gripping the hand of the violet eyed boy. He quickly let go and sighed in grief.

"Whose Roderick?" Matthew stuttered.

"My cousin.... And the Austrian Prince." Gilbert grumbled. "I go to his house to mess with him, but when he comes here all he does is complain about how 'dirty' it is, when our castle is OBVIOUSLY way cooler than his princess palace."

"It's only for the day right? Just go spend time with him till he leaves." Matthew suggested.

"Are you kidding? That wop is a freeloader!!"

"Wop?"

"There's no way I'd spend the day with that!" Gilbert fumed for a second but cooled down when he got an idea. "Why don't you hang with us?"

Matthew looked surprised. "I don't think.."

"No it's alright he brings his hand maiden Elizabeta along with him so I should be aloud to bring my tutor."

"So I'm your tutor now?"

"Hey, don't get too comfy with the name, it's only for today." Gilbert minded.

Matthew grinned slightly then nodded his head. "Alright, if that's okay with you then I will stay with by your side."

"Don't leave my side for a minute." Gilbert lifted his arm and raised his pinky.

"Not even for a second." Matthew laughed wrapping his own around Gilbert's.

"Promise." They both announced.