Pancakes

Matthew woke early and looked out the glass pane window to see that the sun hadn't even rissen. However he was feeling adventurous and hungry so he made his way down to the kitchen. He peeked around the kitchen door to see a few maids setting up for the chefs. Matthew walked in and they all stopped and looked at him with big curious eyes.

"Do you mind if I use this?"

One maid looked around then back at Matthew.

"Go ahead?" She said.

Matthew reached for a pan and stoked a fire in the massive stove. He walked to the pantry and grabbed flour, olive oil, sugar, baking soda, vanilla and a few other things. He pulled out a whisk and a bowl and started to mix his ingredients. The woman watched in curiosity as the mix became a soft tan colour and then he waited for the pan and the stove to heat up.

When it finally warmed up he poured some of the mix into the pan and as it cooked it let off a sweet sent through the kitchen. Suddenly a small white face and curious red eyes peered into the kitchen. Gilbert walked up and looked around Matthew's shoulder.

"Whatch'ya making?" He asked.

"Pancakes. Why are you up so early?"

"Helna woke me up early." Gilbert growled.

"Haha well it's good she did." Matthew said sweetly. "Cause I'm making these for you."

"What are they?"

"You've never had pancakes?" Matthew looked amazed.

"They smell good, since you're making them they'll be awesome!"

"Oh! Thanks but don't get to excited!"

Gil wandered to the table behind them and sat up on it watching Matthew cook. He flipped the pancake and Gil saw it was a beautiful golden brown. Matthew re-stirred the mix then searched for a plate. He quickly put the pancake on the plate.

Gil picked it up and smelt it. He grabbed a fork and stuck it in the pancake but before he could rip off a piece Matthew patted the top of his hand. The prince looked up to see Matthew holding a bottle of something brown and kinda thick.

Gilbert took the bottle and examined it. "What's this?" He questioned.

"Maple syrup my papa and I use to make from tapping tree sap."

"Tree sap?" Gil having a change of heart.

"You don't have to try it if you're scared."

"IM NOT SCARED OF ANYTHING I AM AWESOME!!" The Prussian hollered before covering his pancake in syrup.

Matthew giggled and watched as the other boy took a big bite and swallowed viciously. He turned around with testy eyes and a huge smile.

"Are you okay?"

"THAT WAS AWESOME!!" Gilbert yelled throwing his arms in the air.

"Hehe I'm glad you like it." Matthew smiled before pouring more in the pan.

Gil looked over Matthew's shoulder. "Are you making more?"

"Mhm"

"YES!"

The maidens giggled and went on to there own work.

Gilbert finished his first pancake then waited patiently for Matthew to make more.

"I think I'm in love." Gil laughed.

"I thought you were suppose to be making me fall in love?" Matthew laughed.

Gilbert hugged Matthew from behind."that's right! LOVE ME MATTIE!!"