I'll prove to you

Gilbert road blitz through the forest as fast as he could until he met with a small river that separated the castle from a village of farmers. He yanked on the reigns to stop Blitz then jumped off patting the horses behind. He wandered to a patch of wild roses that came in all different colours and started to carefully pick each one.

"Gonna impress Mattie cause I'm so awesome!" He sung to himself.

A young farm girl wandered up to the river to fill a pale with water and when she saw the prince picking flowers she gasped and almost dropped her pale in the river.

Gil looked up to see the girl in awe, he smiled and waved kindly to her and she ran away with the water. His blood like eyes showed confusion but were still dazed and he went on picking the flowers.

***********************************

Matthew shuffled through all of the books in the library searching for history ones so he could read them to Gilbert. He found an old dusty grey one an pulled it out flipping through the pages. He found something he thought he could use but when he tried to read it a bushel of colours blinded him. He moved his head back and fixed his glasses to see a bouquet of roses.

He turned to see Gilbert bright reds and not really making eye contact.

"These are for you." He said blankly.

Matthew took the roses in his arms and smiled shaking a bit from excitement as his heart quivered with warmth from the sweet gift. He looked up at the awkward prince. His fingers were cut up from the thorns and his clothing dirty from the dirt. The young blond smiled hugely smelling the roses.

"They're beautiful!" He said.

Gilbert looked up with wide crimson eyes and smirked.

"Well of course, I got them!" He said proudly. "Do you wanna go to the you know what today?"

Matthew frowned and looked at the book.

"Gil in all my time here I haven't taught you a thing, you need to study before." Matthew said sternly.

"What? But Mattie I thought we could hang out together, just you and me." Gil said disappointed. "I really am trying to get you to fall for me." He said with serious determination.

"Well you can impress me by doing as I say, the quicker we finish studying the quicker you can get back to, that?"

Gilbert huffed and looked at Mattie grimly.

"Show me the book." He said.

Matthew's smile returned and he handed Gil the book.

"I'm only doing this for you!" He said.

"Alright I know, now read the book."

"ILL PROVE I LOVE YOU!!! BY READING THIS BORING BOOK!"