The Prince

A young boy slept in a gorgeous golden bed with red and white Egyptian sheets. His hair shimmered silver in the rising sunlight that swept through the balcony door windows. As beautiful as his sleepy face looked, it could not hide his obnoxious snoring.

   A woman burst through the door of the prince's room and shuffled to the bed. She smiled at the boy with her squishy face then placed her hands on the bed grabbing the sheets then tearing them off. The prince shook awake and sat up straight.

"Awe Bronda. Why the hell did you wake me up? Get out of here before I feed you to the soldiers." The boy hesitated and looked her up and down. "On second thought that would just be torturous.... To the soldiers."

   Bronda grabbed the boys ear and pulled him out of the bed.

"Ow ow ow. Let go witch! I don't want to be eaten!"

"Come on Gilbert, I need to dress you right now." Bronda announced.

"How come?" The Prince pouted.

"Your father has returned."

**************************

   Gilbert raced down the west wing to the giant stair case out into the court yard. A tall handsome man with long golden hair stood beside a tall brood black steed.

"Father!" The prince called racing towards the tall man.

The king patted the prince's head. "Have you been good?" The king asked.

"As always!" Gilbert said full of pride.

"So you were bad. Well it doesn't matter, because I got you a gift on my travels." The king said with a slight smirk to his straight face.

The princes red eyes glowed. "A gift? Is it a rare horse? Or a new maid?"

The king smiled. "No my boy, I have something much better."

The king whistled and a small sheepish boy with blonde hair and spectacles walked around the side of the horse.

The prince's face turned down as he stared at the boy "father I'm 17 years old I don't need a playmate."

"Gilbert even if I did find you a playmate they wouldn't stay for even a second to play with you. This gentleman here is Matthew, your new tutor." The king explained.

"WHAT?!"