On Horse Back

The horse trainer walked Licht out to the ring to be broken in. Matthew stood by the wooden gate and waited for the trainer to jump the fence.

"Okay Mattie, you just have to put the saddle on then get on him without him kicking you off." Gilbert explained.

"Again, who's the tutor here?" Matthew smiled.

Gilbert held a laugh. "Just go get the horse kid."

Matthew turned back to see the horse walking slowly watching the blond carefully. The young boy slowly made his way towards Licht.

"Alrighty, you aren't gonna like this." He whispered to Licht.

The horse reared up and trotted away circling the fenced area slowing down before looking back at the human. Matthew held out his hand to the horse. Licht shook his head, but slowly walked towards Mattie.

"Okay boy, let's take this easy."

Matthew approached the horses side and threw the saddle up, the horse didn't move and Mattie was able to set it in place. He stepped back and grinned at his accomplishment thinking that perhaps the horse would go easy on him, however licht had different plans and started dashing away.

"Wait Licht, we aren't done yet." Matthew called jogging after him.

Licht slowed down and Matthew put his foot on the the saddle and tried to hop up but Licht shook and threw Mattie off.

"That was kinda rude." Matthew said while laying on the ground.

The horse neighed and walked away again before Matthew could sit up.

"Come on Mattie! Don't let that dumb horse get the best of you!" Gilbert called.

"If he's so dumb then why couldn't the horse trainer tame him?" Matthew joked to himself.

He got up and walked to the horse again. He put his foot up and grabbed the saddle.

"Okay, one more time."

Matthew gripped the saddle tightly and jumped onto the horse, licht shook lightly but Matthew gripped the horn tightly, when licht stopped shaking Matthew reached for the reigns.

Gilbert clapped loudly from the side and Matthew looked at him in surprised happiness.

"Pretty good for a commoner!" Gilbert called.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Matthew called back excitedly.

Gilbert gave a cocky grin and jumped off the fence and ran back into the stable. Matthew watched after him in confusion and lightly kicked Licht to have him turn around and move forward but the young not quite ready horse was startled when the Princes White stead jumped out and pranced swiftly towards Licht.

"Do you think your Licht can keep up with my Blitz." Gilbert asked.

"Isn't that my line?" Matthew cocked.

"Oho, what a mouth you've got, all full on confidence because he can sit on a horse huh? You can't beat my awesome horse." Gilbert laughed.

"Now look who's being cocky. Why don't you put your horse where your mouth is." Matthew challenged playfully.

"Lady's first." Gilbert retorted.

The horse trainer opened the gate, Matthew called out and the horse road swiftly through the opening into the free land. Blitz quickly appeared behind with the prince and they road side by side for a moment.

"You've ridden a horse you cheater."

"Oh sorry, but I never said that I hadn't." Matthew looked forward and kicked the sides of the horse calling "yaw" for Licht to speed off and headed for the forest trail.

Blitz quickly came up on the rear but Matthew stood up and arched his back. "C'mon licht!" He called and the horse ran faster and faster.

The prince and Blitz suddenly passed Matthew and Licht. Licht neighed suddenly and raced even faster as if even he didn't want to lose to the prince's horse, he began picking up to Blitz's pace reaching out his head as if trying to get an extra length just to get ahead of the royal horse.

"I'll admit Mattie, Licht is fast, but can he jump?"

Suddenly the prince went faster towards a stump off the path and Blitz leaped over it.

"Do you think you can do it?" Matthew asked.

The horse neighed as if to laugh and Licht raced towards a large puddle, the horse came close to the water and just as his hooves were about to graze it he jumped over it in a long glorious leap landing over a foot from the puddle the raced back to Blitz.

The Prussian prince through back his head and laughed "that was Awesome!" He called.

Matthew's eyes lit up from the compliment and the prince smiled.

"Right turn." The prince suddenly called.

He veered the horse to the right and Matthew quickly followed. The dark pink forest soon turned to a mossy path with tall oaks and willows. Matthew looked around in awe and the prince road on in front. Matthew admired the prince, even though he was cocky and spoiled, he was kind if you could get on his good side. Matthew also really admired his Snow White hair and blood coloured eyes. They were so interesting and really stood out, it was like nothing he had ever seen before. Even the princes white steeds fur couldn't match his pure shining locks. Perhaps he was part angel or something a long those lines he thought to himself.

Matthew shook his head to stop from day dreaming and looked back to the prince to see a beam of light breaking through the forest. Gilbert's horse stopped, he turned it around and looked at Matthew.

"Okay, I'm gonna show you this place, you are so very lucky to be in the presence of such an amazing discovery the awesome me has found, but once I show you, you must tell NO ONE!" The prince lectured.

"Okay."

"Promise?"

"I promise!"