Roderick's Advice

After the four had finished listening to the music they headed down into the garden to sit by the pond. They spoke of lessons and exchanged embarrassing stories about the two prince's. Gilbert started to ignore them and looked into the water to see the Lillies floating over theor pads. Upon the rows of pink one purple one took him by surprise. He picked it up looking it over, he glanced at Matthew then presented it to him with a smooth smile.

"For you, Mon Cherri" He announced.

Matthew blushed a deep red and took the flower shakily. "Th-thank you?"

Elizabetas face was also bright red as she covered her awed look. Roderick sighed and glanced at Gilbert.

"Do you even know what that means?"

"Of course I do, I am awesome!"

"Uh. Gil. I um don't think you do." Matthew hesitated.

Gilbert grinned raising a brow. "Of course I do! It means my friend."

"Uh. Noooo," Matthew blushed deeper and looked away.

"It's something you would say to a girl." Elizabeta giggled.

The Prussian paused processing what he had done then began to blush lightly and smirked awkwardly.

"It's okay Gil, you didn't know." Matthew reassured still bright red.

"This isn't the first time and it won't be the last." Elizabeta laughed.

"Oh coming from you, when you were a kid you couldn't even tell that you were a -" Gilbert was whacked by the Hungarian woman and they bickered on.

Mean while, Roderick pulled Matthew aside and looked at him sternly.

"Are you really his tutor?" Roderick asked.

"Yes?" Matthew said.

"Because the two of you act like a pair of new lovers, especially you."

"I- I don't!" Matthew defended blushing a deeper red.

"Mhm, well don't get to close to him Matthew, he'll break your heart, and if the king were to ever find out you'd be beheaded for sure. As much as I think Gilbert's a twit, I can see that he's different around you, he's better behaved. He likes you. So don't throw this away, he needs this, and I can tell you do to. Don't let yourself fall in love." Roderick explained.

Matthew's eyes grew wide. He could have never thought of something like that. It was impossible, they had just met the other day. But then again he never thought of it before, he couldn't even see for himself, that he may have been falling in love with the prince. Roderick was right about him and he knew he was right about not getting close to Gilbert, it would ruin everything.

"I wouldn't mind things staying the way they are." He said turning to look at Gil. "As long as I can be with him."

"Good," Roderick finished.

Gilbert grabbed Matthew's arm and put the smaller boy behind him.

"Taking my lackey Roderick?"

"I think you need him more then I." Roderick said turning away with a grin.

The prussian prince watched after him confused then looked down at Matthew who only laughed awkwardly.