Seventeen

Recognizing your feelings for someone was quite easy, but accepting it was a different thing.

All these time Felix was pretty sure he was feeling something for a certain noble maid. He was pretty sure he was into her all these years of being close to each other.

And yet here he was feeling all complicated upon sensing he was starting to feel something around his former lover.

Having to spend the past few days with you, the more his heart flutters around you.

It was strange yet nostalgic, almost makes him wonder that perhaps maybe it was just the feeling of nostalgia that made him feel his way.

Perhaps maybe because you aren't around for so long that's why he was feeling his way.

"Are you alright?"

It was Lillian York who stand right beside him

Maybe it was both their breaks, you were currently in the middle of other talk with a noble, unlike Elijah who was allowed to enter within the meeting or the talk, he wasn't allowed so he has no choice but to stand right outside the room.

"You were all alone so I thought it would be alright to approach you"

She smile gently at him

It felt alright, it really felt alright a couple of months ago. Yet somehow the thought of him talking to her while you were inside the room exhausting yourself talking to those nobles made him feel strange.

It almost made him feel like it was... It was something he can quite catch but it was on the back of his mind.

"Sire Robane?"

Once again it was Lillian who snapped him out of his thoughts as she gently tap him my the shoulder

"Are you sure your alright? you seem out of it. Why don't you rest for awhile?"

She offered, holding into his shoulder

He was about to speak, to say that he was alright and he was still on his duty to watch over you that he finally made up his mind to go inside and just be there by your side.

He was about to, but then he heard a familiar voice from behind.

"She's right Sire. Why don't you take a break?"

Both of them turn around to see you there, a holy looking smile on your lips and right behind you was the young noble you were having a conversation for the past few hours

By your words, he was about to protest only for you to speak once again.

"I was told Elijah would be coming back today. You should take a rest Sire. I appreciate the work for the past few days, I could handle the next few hours by myself now. You should rest just as Lady York right there have spoken"

You said with a smile on your face before turning back to the noble right behind you

There he watch you talk to that person, smiling and entertaining her before you lead the way away from them. Never once looking back at him.

It almost remind him of that day.

"Ah"

He blink, looking at your back that was slowly disappearing in the distance

"Sir Robane? Are you sure you're alright?"

Lillian once again spoke right beside him, looking at the daze knight which she rarely seen act in such way

"Yeah"

He blink, hands resting on his side slowly clench into a fist as his heart throb

"I'm sorry, I'll be resting on my chamber now"