Eighteen

It was a crowed banquet. There were many nobles and special guest invited yet his eyes would once in a while look towards the direction of the certain (hair color) locks female. She was quite hard but not that hard to spot among the crowd, having to wear a simple white yet elegant dress that seems to reveal her status as a priestess.

Once in awhile he would look at your direction, at the same time there would be some weird feelings that would swirl on his chest as he saw you talking and laughing with your aide.

Soon enough he was that your aide left your side. Leaving you obviously uncomfortable alone as you stand there, eyes on you. He knew how much of a introvert person you are no matter how elegant you were back then, you tend to get anxious in the eyes of people, specially the nobles.

So without think, he left Lillian's side. Making his way towards your way leaving his acquaintance all alone looking at his back with a soft yet bitter smile on her face, opening her fan to hide half of her face.

Making his way towards you, he was about to reach you. He was so close. But then your aide came into the scene. For a moment. He was stun.

There you are, although he have seen you both earlier together. There is something about the way he looks at you, at the way you're looking all comfortable around your aide that twist something inside him.

"Lady (First name)"

"Sire Robane, pleasure to see you Sire"

He almost did not recognize his own voice calling out your name as he stood there. If it wasn't for your reply he would have been swallow by his own train of thoughts.

"Ah yes, it's a pleasure to see you again"

He gulp, unconsciously taking a few steps back realizing you're right in front of him

Then again, there was an extra im the scene in front of his eyes, your one and only aide who have done nothing but to pissed him off unknowingly.

"Is there something you want to say to her Priestess-nim? Sire Robane?"

Elijah spoke, taking a step foward, somehow blocking you from his view

"Actually I do have something to say to her, if you don't mind moving out of the way, Sire."

"And that is--"

"Elijah, enough. Let Sire Robane talk what he wants to talk about"

You cut them both off, and he didn't miss how you tugged Elijah's sleeves to gain his attention. Little did you know, that too tugged his heart in a painful way.

Nevertheless he took note of how uncomfortable you must be right now, given the fact that the emperor and Lady Diana along side the princess is currently not around, it would be obvious that the focus of the crowd would be on the aristocrats and of course, into the temple.

"Tch"

Your aide roll his eyes, obviously not pleased

"Pardon my aide, he was just doing his job"

"Since that's what you said"