Chapter 5- You Will Meet Him Again

Tommy POV

Tommy went home that night feeling like he wasn't alone for the first time in his life. For the first time he didn't cry himself to sleep. For the first time he actually felt like there was something to live for.

"What are you doing down so early?" Wilbur questioned, setting the table for dinner. He couldn't believe his eyes. Since when did Tommy ever come down for dinner? Let alone early?

"Got bored in my room." Tommy shrugged. 

Wilbur exchanged a look with Techno. "Did something happen?"

Tommy was shocked to feel himself grin, "I made a new friend."

"A new friend?" Phil repeated, surprised by the statement. "At your appointment with Puffy?"

"Yup." Tommy nodded, sitting down at the table. Was this was happiness felt like? It had been so long since he had felt it. 

The three of them exchanged a look before smiling. Hopefully this was a new start for the boy. Maybe he could finally be happy. Finally be himself again.

-----------

The next morning Tommy woke up for the first time feeling refreshed. He couldn't help but wonder at the idea of not being alone anymore. He made his way downstairs, looking towards the door. Maybe he could find Ranboo before school started? He said he knew Tubbo... so Tubbo had to know where he lived.

Quickly Tommy slipped his phone out of his pocket, texting Tubbo in hopes of meeting up. Tubbo responded almost instantly, agreeing and saying it was a great idea.

He nearly made it to the front door before he was spotted.

"Where are you going this early? School doesn't start for another hour." Techno commented, making Tommy jump. When did Techno get there? 

"I was just going to meet up with Tubbo." Tommy said quickly.

"This early?" Techno raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms. "Did you even tell Dad?"

"You know he wouldn't mind..."

"He still wants to know." Techno reminded him. He sighed, shaking his head. "Grab a bite to eat and then you can go meet him. I'll tell Dad when he wakes up." 

Tommy smiled at him gratefully, his eyes gleaming at the thought of seeing his best friend. Techno had forgotten how much he missed that smile. Without really thinking about it, he threw his arms around the older, squeezing him tightly. Techno stiffened in surprise, knowing that Tommy wasn't one for hugs. It was hard for Techno to remember the last time Tommy willingly gave him a hug.

"You're the best brother ever! Thank you! Thank you!" Tommy exclaimed.

Techno chuckled, this was the Tommy he had missed for so long. "Don't let Wilbur hear that, he'll be pissed."

"Isn't he always?" Tommy grinned playfully. He stopped himself, feeling the creeping thoughts coming on. 

You shouldn't have said that.

What if he takes offense? 

God Tommy you are so stupid.

The blonde headed to the kitchen, grabbing a breakfast bar before swinging his bag over his shoulder. He bit his lip, trying to force the thoughts out of his head. He headed for the front door again. 

"Bye Tommy! Stay safe!"

"See ya Techno!" Tommy called back, his eyes back to being glued to the ground. 

What right did he have to be happy?

-------------

"I didn't think you would be awake this early." Tubbo commented, eyeing Tommy suspiciously. "Did you get in trouble or something?"

"Why do you always assume I got in trouble whenever we meet early?" Tommy rolled his eyes.

"Because you usually do. Except this time you actually sound happy. Which is weird because it's still morning." the brunette stared at him, laying the back of his hand on Tommy's forehead to check for a temperature. "Are you feeling alright?"

Tommy was quick to swat the hand away, groaning "I'm fine Tubbo!"

"Then what's up? What happened?" 

"I found someone like me!" 

"Like you?" Tubbo repeated, his brown wings ruffling slightly. His eyes widened as the words finally processed. "Someone else that was born without wings?"

"Believe it or not, you actually know them." Tommy continued.

"I do?" Tubbo's eyes widened even more, if that was possible. "Wait, who?"

"Ranboo."

Immediately Tubbo's expression changed from confusion to sadness. Tommy stared at him with a puzzled look. "You met Ranboo?"

Did I do something wrong? 

"Tubbo I'm not mad about you having another friend..." Tommy began, hoping Tubbo wouldn't think he was that controlling.

"No! It's not that..." Tubbo's voice trailed off before he shook his head. "Never mind. So what about Ranboo?"

"Do you know where he lives? I really want to hangout with him." Tommy explained.

Tubbo thought for a moment. "Well he lives a little bit away." His wings shifted, making him look uncomfortable. "But I'll text him and ask if he's up for it."

Tommy smiled slightly, wanting to know more about this person.

Maybe this really could change his life for the better.

----------------

Hope you liked it!

Thank you for 791 reads!! :)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy