Chapter 22- I Won't Let You Fall

Tommy POV

Tommy raced through the woods, Phil's words echoed throughout his head. "Make them pay." His heart was racing almost as fast as he was running. He couldn't let them hurt his friends, he just couldn't.

He spotted the lookout in the distance, making him pick up more speed. He nearly stopped when he saw them.

The bullies were holding Ranboo, too close to the edge for comfort. It was clear that it was just to ensure his fear, but that didn't make the situation any better. Tubbo was held back by another bully, crying out for his friend.

Tommy looked around, hoping to see his brothers or anyone really, but they weren't very close to the peak, so most people weren't nearby. Taking a deep breath, he sprinted towards the group, his blood beginning to boil.

"Let him go!" he screamed, causing the boys to jump out of their skin since they thought they wouldn't have to worry about him.

"Look who it is, it's the freak!" they laughed.

Ranboo gave him a look of pure fear, being too close to the edge.

"This is too far." Tommy glared. "You're too close to the edge."

"The freak likes it!" one smirked, holding him even closer if that was possible. "Don't you freak?"

"I-I" Ranboo whimpered, struggling to get out of the boy's hold.

"Let him go." Tommy repeated, stepping closer to the boys. 

The boy took a step back, not realizing how close he really was. He stumbled, his grip slipping on Ranboo. The boy fell backwards, slipping off the cliff.

Tommy ran forward, not sure what came over him. Without even thinking, he jumped after Ranboo, fully knowing that he was stupid for doing so. 

Panic seized him as soon as he began falling. What was he thinking? He was going to die. Forcing his eyes open, he reached for Ranboo. 

A burning sensation filled his body, most specifically in his back. He grabbed Ranboo, attempting to bring the boy closer to him. When he died, he wanted to die with Ranboo by his side.

Forcing his eyes shut, he took a deep breath, hoping it would be quick. The wind gripped at his clothes as the ground came closer and closer.

Suddenly a burst of pain shot through his back, causing him to cry out in pain. Something split through his skin, making him scream.

Suddenly he wasn't flying. Suddenly he was floating.

"Tommy?"

Tommy slowly opened his eyes, watching Ranboo who was now clinging to him. "What's happening?" he whispered, staring wide eyed.

"Your... your wings." Ranboo said in disbelief.

"Wings?"

Tommy looked over his back, gasping at the sight. Wings sprouted out of his back, a deep red with burning edges. "No way..." They sunk down further, slowly coming to the ground. 

Ranboo stepped back, completely shocked. "You really are a phoenix"

Tommy grinned, an overwhelming wave of excitement washing over him. "I HAVE WINGS! RANBOO I HAVE WINGS!" he shouted, jumping around.

"I can see that..."

"TOMMY!" a voice screamed from above them. Tubbo flew down, panic filling his eyes. "My God I thought you were dead! What were you thinking!" Suddenly he stopped, finally taking notice of Tommy's new wings. "You have wings!"

More people began to fly down, his family among them.

"Are you stupid Tommy?!" Wilbur demanded, pulling Tommy into a bone crushing hug. "You literally gave me a heart attack!"

Techno nodded beside him, shaking his head. "That wasn't even heroic kid, that was stupid."

"I don't know what came over me." Tommy ran a hand through his hair. 

People began shouting, trying to make sure they were both okay. But Tommy wasn't paying attention, he was staring at Ranboo, who had moved away from the group.

"Ranboo, you okay?"

Ranboo nodded. "I'm happy for you Tommy."

"Ran-" he began.

"I really am." Ranboo cut him off. "I just wish I could enjoy it with you."

"You still have me." Tommy smiled sadly, adjusting his wings behind him. "I promise. You'll always have me no matter what."

--------------

Hope you liked it!

This was my terrible ending! At this point, I was just trying to finish the book before losing my motivation

I'm planning on posting a new book soon, so don't worry I'm no where near done with writing on Wattpad!

Thank you so much for reading! I really appreciate it!

Sorry for the messy ending!

If anyone wants to join my discord server, feel free!

Here's the link! https://discord.gg/UbQXeGfp

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy