Chapter 4- The Appointment

Tommy POV

Tommy sighed, playing with his fingers. If he closed his eyes he could imagine he was somewhere else, but that never actually changed where he was.

"So how are you feeling Tommy?" Puffy asked softly, her eyes tracing above her notebook.

Tommy looked away. "I'm fine." he muttered, hating those words. It was a secret cry for help, one that no one ever seemed to hear.

Puffy took a deep breath, painting a fake smile on her lips. "No better, no worse?" Tommy simply shrugged before turning away again. "I wish I could just solve all your problems... I wish I could bring back the happy boy you used to be."

Tommy felt the guilt as it gathered behind his eyes. "If I had wings-" he began, hoping to explain the reason of why he felt the way he did.

"Not everything in life is about wings Tommy!" Puffy exclaimed, the frustration finally creeping into her words. She was usually a very patient woman, but even she had her limits.

Tommy glared at her like she had said some horrible insult that she could never get back. "You don't know." He stared at the light brown wings that hid behind her back. "You have wings."

Puffy sighed, wanting nothing more than to take back the words she had just said. "Look, I'm trying to understand-" she began.

"But you don't! No one does!" Tommy shouted, standing up. Swinging his bag over his shoulder, he headed for the door. Puffy did nothing to stop him, looking at him with pity in her eyes. He shook his head, muttering, "And no one ever will."

The blonde opened the door, walking out. Suddenly he knocked into someone, barely catching himself. "Oh sorry, I didn't see you." he apologized, looking up at the young boy.

He was about the same age as Tommy himself, maybe a little older. Tommy stared curiously at his hair that appeared to be two different colors, along with his hair. How was that possible? That's when he noticed the boy's tear stained cheeks. He had been crying.

"It's alright." the boy whimpered, sniffing a little.

Tommy's eyes widened. "Hey, are you okay?"

The boy turned away, wiping his nose. "O-Of course I am."

"Are you sure? You look-"

Suddenly Tommy stopped as he caught sight of something. The boy had no wings. Tommy gasped, surprised he wasn't the only one. How was it possible? "I thought I was the only one!" he exclaimed.

"What?" the boy asked, looking up at him in confusion.

"You have no wings!" Tommy pointed out, completely oblivious to the sad look the boy gave him. It seemed to be something he hated being reminded of.

"Well actually-" the boy began before being cut off.

"I'm not alone! Someone actually understands!" Tommy said, his eyes slightly gleaming. Maybe he wasn't alone in this world after all. "What's your name?"

"R-Ranboo, but-"

"The name's Tommy." the blonde smiled proudly.

"T-Tommy?" Ranboo repeated, thinking for a minute. "Wilbur and Techno's little brother?"

"How'd you know?" Tommy questioned, surprised anyone knew him.

"Well Tubbo-"

"You know Tubbo? Since when?" Tommy interrupted. He had never seen Ranboo before. Had Tubbo been having a secret friend?

Ranboo shrugged like it was nothing. "Since I moved I guess." He paused looking at Tommy, almost ready to be interrupted again. "He talks about you a lot."

"All good things, right?" 

Suddenly Tommy's phone began ringing. Glancing down at it, he knew exactly what it was for. Phil was looking for him. He sighed, wanting to talk more to his new friend. 

"I gotta go Ranboo. Maybe I'll see you again sometime?" 

"Y-Yeah." Ranboo stuttered. "Bye Tommy."

Tommy waved, heading in the direction of the entrance. "See ya!"

As he walked he couldn't help but wonder about the boy. Did he finally have the friend he had longed for for so long? Was he really not alone in this world?

------------

Hope you liked it!!

Thank you for 576 reads!! :)

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

-Snowy