Chapter 9- An Old Journal

Tommy POV

Tommy yawned, slowly opening his eyes. Immediately he noticed he was lying on the couch, wrapped up in Wilbur's wings. He smirked, laughing at the drool that trickled down the older's face.

Carefully he untangled himself, noticing Techno's absence. Footsteps came from the kitchen, meaning Techno was making breakfast. Tommy stood up, stretching before making his way to the kitchen.

"Hey Tech." Tommy greeted, his stomach growling at the smell of eggs.

"Hey Toms." he nodded. "Breakfast is almost ready."

"Alright." the blonde nodded, heading towards his room. Immediately he grabbed the book, sprawling out on his bed. Maybe he could figure out how to get wings. He smiled at the thought. He quickly began reading, skipping the parts he deemed boring.

In all my studies, I've never been this close to discovering who I am. Wingless... alone in this cruel world. I knew I couldn't be the only one, that someone out there must understand this feeling of loneliness...

But through all my journeys I have found nothing. No trace of anyone else being born without wings. Even the wingless people I have come across had wings at one point. The looks I received upon asking are looks I never wish to see again.

My research has proven that I am truly alone. It is a miserable life, but perhaps I can find a way to grow wings. If everyone else is able to, why can't I? What makes me different? 

I believe I've found the answer... it can't be long now.

"What?!" Tommy groaned as he turned the page, only to discover it had been ripped out. Of course, just when he was about to discover something!

A yell came from the kitchen. "Tommy! Breakfast is ready!"

Tommy sighed, putting the book aside. He left his room, heading to the kitchen. Wilbur and Phil were now up, already digging into their food.

"Hey Tommy." Wilbur yawned.

"Good morning Tommy." Phil smiled warmly.

"Hey." he said, grabbing a plate and immediately filling it will eggs. He sat down, right next to Techno.

They ate in silence for a moment before Wilbur spoke. "So what's that project on Tommy?"

Tommy, who had completely zoned out, snapped towards him at the sound of his name. "What?"

"That project, the one you got the book for?" Wilbur reminded him.

"Oh." Tommy's eyes widened as he realized what Wilbur was asking. "Just history stuff." he shrugged, turning back to his food. He paused, an idea popping into his head. "Can I meet up with Tubbo today?" he asked, looking towards Phil. "For the project." the blonde quickly added.

"You managed to get Tubbo as your partner?" Techno raised an eyebrow.

"It's not like anyone else was going to volunteer to be my partner."

The three looked at each other, all exchanging the same sad look. "Tommy..." Phil began, his voice laced with sadness.

Tommy rolled his eyes, this wasn't a new thing. He had been picked on since people found out that he was wingless. "Can I just go?" He asked impatiently, not really wanting to hear the lecture.

Phil sighed, knowing how important Tubbo was to Tommy. "Alright, once you're done with your breakfast you can go."

"Yay!" the blonde grinned, glad he wasn't going to be stuck at home all day.

He quickly finished his eggs before putting his plate away. Grabbing the old journal, he headed for the front door.

"Bye!" Phil called after him, accompanied by Wilbur and Techno. 

"Later nerd!"

"Be safe Toms!"

Tommy couldn't help but roll his eyes at the last comment.

He was always safe.

----------

Hope you liked it!

Thanks for the 1.5K!! 

Hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

-Snowy