1 - A New Bounty

I was awakened by the sound of Buffalo's voice shouting "Marine!" 

I quickly made my way out of my cabin and onto the deck, narrowly dodging the blade of a marine soldier who clearly harboured a deep hatred for pirates. Before I could think about my next move, Gladius, one of Doflamingo's top henchmen, put a bullet through his head and looked down at me. His gaze was difficult to read through the mask, but I could guess from experience what contempt he felt for me. I couldn't blame him, after everything Doflamingo had done to me, I no longer had any respect for myself. Despite everything that had happened, I couldn't even escape. I didn't want to flee anymore, the consequences if they caught me were too terrible. After his first attempt at creating his right hand failed, or to put it better flee, he wanted to train me better. Torture.

Gladius pushed me impatiently back into the cabin, "You Brat! If you don't plan on fighting, you shouldn't be outside either."

It was only then that I realized that I hadn't carried my war hammer out with me. I quickly took my hammer and ran back onto the deck, this time attentive and prepared for any attacks. The fight was in full swing and I was fighting my way through the opposing forces when something grabbed my legs. Surprised, I looked down at my legs, they were entwined with roots. My gaze followed the roots to a devil fruit user on the opposite side of the ship. Judging by his clothes, he was a high-ranking soldier. I couldn't waste any more thoughts about him, as he used his devil fruit powers to entangle my legs with roots and toss me through the air, pulling me in front of his feet.

"Ouiii, Oui! What do we have here, Doflamingo's pet?", he said looking down at me with a big grin. "So he let you out of his room!"

In less than a second, I freed myself from his grasp by kicking him in the face and jumping up high. Hovering far above him, I now looked into his face boiling with contempt. A small smile spread across my face as I raised my hammer and dropped right on him. This lucky ass just managed to crawl away, his leg riddled with splinters of wood that my hammer had knocked out of the ground. I lightened the weight of my hammer again and put it over my shoulders as I walked up to the soldier.

"I see you don't like the nickname," he said while his disgusting grin spread over his face again. "Maybe the sea kings have a better one for you!" Were the last words I heard before, out of nowhere, tendrils grabbed me and threw me from the boat into the ocean.

The next thing I recall is the panicked shouts of a seaman, followed by his relief when I opened my eyes and found myself on his boat. I learned later that he had pulled me out of the water near his home island, and was terrified when he thought I was dead. It was an unexpected start to my new life, but the feeling of escape from my past was better than anything I had experienced before. I was determined to avoid falling back into the hands of my past tormentor. The kind fisherman and his family had shown me a level of charity, honesty, and kindness that was entirely new to me in the few weeks I stayed with them. However, I soon left to prevent any repercussions for their compassion.

3 years later

I went through the market like every afternoon, looking for a potential victim for my own kind of justice. I've been on this small, devious island full of criminals for two months. Since I left the fisherman 3 years ago, I've been travelling from island to island and living on the money I stole from pirates or other thieves.
While I was looking at the people walking through the market, I heard a few worried voices from local residents. I moved in the direction of the murmur and could quickly make out what was worrying them. Two creepy-looking pirates had collided with a boy who fell to the ground as a result. Both were dressed in rather revealing clothes. One had dark brown hair and walked around with a Spear. He was taller than the other one, not to mention that they both looked pretty tall.
The blue-haired pirate the boy had run into now leaned over him. All color drained from the boy's face as he awkwardly apologized and tried to run away.