5 - Battle Preparation

"You're going to take part in Wires 'Look out' duty. Listen to his demands and don't make any issues."

"Where is Kid?"

"You will get to see him soon enough."

Wire took me across the deck and motioned me to climb the mast to the Crow's nest. I climbed ahead and he was right behind me. The view from the lookout was breathtaking. I could see an island in the distance and the other pirates looked much smaller from up here.

Wire was on one side of the crow's nest and I was on the other. We stood with our backs to each other, leaning against the railing. "Tell me Wire, why are you treating me like that?" I turned to him and saw that the giant had turned to me, confused. His eyes were tired and expressionless. "What do you mean?" I looked into the distance as I continued my question.
"Well, I stole from you and sneaked onto the ship, I'm your prisoner and still sleep in your captain's cabin. I eat with you, get medical care and get tasks like this one."
"You're not our prisoner. I'm just obeying orders here, too. But if you ask me honestly, I think Killer has something for you." He hesitated, "I don't know about Kid though. He's never done anything like that. Don't throw a woman away after sex, I mean."
I turned to him with a jerk. "Why does everyone think we had sex!" Wires' eyes only got more confused and he sighed. "That just makes the whole situation weird." I could not believe it. Why did everyone assume we were having sex? "There are no women on this ship, the only women who board this ship die or are whores." I heard Wire answer my question as if he could read my mind. "So everyone thinks I'm having sex with Kid because I'm not dead?" Wire nodded. "I would go so far as to say that Killer always sends you to me and Heat so that none of the other pirates can try to use you as a whore. Just like the fact that you sleep with Kid, no one uses his whore until he allows to." I looked at him with wide eyes. "You think more about that than I thought. But that doesn't explain why either."

...

"You're probably right, I can't tell you why." Silence fell briefly between us and I enjoyed the wind in my hair.
"But I can tell you one thing, for me you are a pain in the ass." he said with a chuckle. "I haven't really started yet!" I replied with a grin.

We didn't really talk much after that. Wire and I just looked into the distance as the ship slowly moved across the sea. A few hours passed and I almost dozed off when suddenly my observation Haki reported. I quickly turned to Wire, who was still leaning against the railing and staring into the void. "Wire, give me the binocular, please," he turned around and looked down at me teasingly as he handed me the binocular, "Since when do you talk so politely?"
I rolled my eyes, quickly picked up the binocular and looked far out to the horizon. "Well, I don't see anything." I heard the giant behind me. At that moment a small black point appeared in my field of vision, I adjusted the binocular a little more precisely and could see a merchant ship. I turned to Wire and a big grin crept onto my lips.

I hated the time with Doflamingo, but that doesn't mean that every moment was bad, I even had some fun when I raided ships with Law, Baby 5 and the others.

I handed the binocular to Wire. "There's a merchant ship there." He took it and made sure of my statement. Without saying another word, he slid down the ladder and made his report. I was unsure what to do now and tried to follow him quickly. However, Wire was far out of my sight when I got downstairs. My gaze went searching over the deck and I already regretted my decision. A dozen curious eyes stared at me.

A tall, fat pirate with dark circles under his eyes came up to me. I didn't like his grin. "Tell me, woman," he put a hand on my shoulder "What does the captain do with you, you look like he's doing nothing but cuddle with you." His grin widened. "If you long for more, I'm sure some of us would help you." Disgusting. I slapped his hand off my shoulder and gave him an angry look, "Touch me again and you will regret it." I hissed. His look was irritated at first, then he began to laugh maliciously. He looked around at his men, "Did you hear that? The little one says I would regret it!" he looked down at me and gave me a provocative look. "What does a little bitch like you want to do!"