16 - Mixed Signals

At first, we couldn't tell what it was, but as it got closer, a submarine emerged from underwater next to us, and we could see the silhouette of Law on the deck.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Kid shouted, his anger evident in his voice. "I thought you respect her word!" But Law's expression was calm and controlled as he emerged from the submarine, seemingly unfazed by the storm. "I'm afraid I've had a change of heart, Kid," he said, his voice carrying over the roar of the wind and waves.

"I can't let Y/N go that easily. I need her."

I was shocked to see Law, my heart racing as I realized he had come after me. Kid next to me grabbed my wrist harshly, the pain of his grip almost enough to make me forget about the looming danger. But I knew deep down that he did it because he didn't want to lose me to Law. "We won't let Law take you," he growled, his eyes fixed on the submarine that had just emerged from the waves. Killer stood by his side, his sythes ready, a fierce determination in his eyes. Kid pulled me to his chest, holding me close as if to shield me from the world. I could feel his heartbeat, fast and unsteady, and I knew he was angry.

As Law stepped closer to the railing of his submarine, his expression calm and collected, Kid and Killer stood ready for a fight. But before anyone could make a move, Law's expression turned cold and calculated. "I'm sorry, Y/N-ya," he said, his voice cutting through the chaos. "This is unnegotiable."

I could feel the tension rising as Law stood on his submarine, his eyes locked onto me with an unnerving intensity. He lifted his hand as he activated his powers, forming a circular sphere around us.

"Room."

I could feel the air around me growing thicker and my movements becoming sluggish as if I was caught in a dense fog. The world began to blur and twist around me, making me feel disoriented and dizzy. Law's finger was then pointed up, and the last thing I saw was a small doll in his other hand.

"Shambles."

I felt the world around me shift and blur. I felt the warmth of Kid's embrace fade away, replaced by the cold, calculating touch of Law. The sound of the storm was now accompanied by the hum of Law's submarine engines. My heart pounded in my chest as I realized what had just happened. I had been taken by force, and there was nothing Kid or his crew could do about it. The storm raged on around us, adding to the chaos and uncertainty of the situation. Law's ability was always a terrifying thing to behold, and I felt a cold shiver run down my spine as I found myself in his grasp. I struggled against his hold, but it was like trying to fight against an unbreakable chain. "Let me go!" I yelled, trying to wriggle free, but Law just eyed me sadly.

"You're coming with me, Y/N," he said, his voice low. "I'm sorry but I can't let Kid have you. I need you."

I was taken aback by his calmness. How could he be so composed when everything around us was in turmoil? But then again, this was Trafalgar Law, one of the most feared pirates on the Grand Line. He was used to chaos and uncertainty. I swallowed hard, trying to think of a way out of this situation. But the reality was, I was at Law's mercy. He held all the cards, and I was just a pawn in his game. I was looking for Kid's eyes in this chaos when Law grabbed my arm. Law's grip on my arm tightened as he pulled me towards the big door that lead inside his submarine. I got a last glance at Kid, his gaze was not just furious but afraid when he saw me get dragged under deck. "Let's go," Law said, his tone urgent. "We need to get out of here before Kid catches up to us." The moment the door closed I could feel the Submarine dive underwater and all the sound numbed out.

I stumbled after him, my mind racing with fear and confusion. How had everything gone so wrong so quickly? Just a few moments ago, I had been safe and sound on Kid's ship, surrounded by people I tried to trust. Now, I was being dragged into the depths of the ocean by a man that abandoned me before. He said he needed me. What if he wanted to bring me back to Doflamingo? Law led me through a maze of corridors and compartments, his long coat billowing behind him as he moved. I tried to keep up with him, but my legs felt like they were made of lead. My heart was pounding so hard in my chest that I could barely hear my own footsteps. We arrived at a small room, and Law gestured for me to sit down on a couch along the wall. He took a seat across from me, his expression serious. He turned to face me, his expression unreadable in the low light. "I'm sorry about all of this, Y/N-ya," he said, his voice softening slightly. "But I had to do what I did. You're safer with me than you are with Eustass-ya."