8 - His Contrast Of Warm And Cold

I looked at kids glass and a slight grin spread across my face. I quickly snatched the glass and drank the rum in one gulp. Kid hadn't been able to react fast enough to stop me and now looked up at me angrily. The cold liquid slowly ran down my throat and left a burning feeling. Kid's gaze was fury and I leaned down to him. Exposing my chest. His gaze jumped from my eyes to my breasts and back to my eyes. His look was no less angry than before when he roughly grabbed my cheek, pulled me close and pressed a hard kiss on my lips.

The moment our lips touched, the whole deck went silent. At least that's how it seemed to me, it was like just the two of us were on deck. My whole body tensed and I felt goosebumps on every part of it. His lips curled into a grin and he pulled them away from mine. I immediately longed for his warmth again. I looked at him embarrassed and wide-eyed while his grin widened. He ran his thumb over my lips and said softly, "The lipstick was missing."Kid now turned to the others and looked at Heat. "If you steal one of my shirts again, I'll cut your head off."

Heat nodded and put his hands in front of him defensively. "You don't like her outfit?" Kid rolled his eyes and looked back at me. "Sit down." Before I could protest, he pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his arm around my waist.

My whole body was tense and I closed my eyes to calm myself. To be so close to him again and to feel the need to smell his scent again went against my sane human mind. Kid had me captive, I knew what captivity is. I had experienced it myself. I've been lured before by closeness and feigned affection. Doflamingo broke me back then. It's easy to fool a child into thinking it's loved, a child doesn't understand what love is supposed to be. I had escaped him and didn't want to be lured into such a fateful trap again. I'm a prisoner again and Kid is my tormentor now. I couldn't let the kindness of others or Kid's behaviour fool me.

I felt my breathing quicken, and my chest rose and sunk fast.

Was Kid really like Doflamimgo?

Is all of this happening only to make me his mindless little slave?

I didn't want to believe my thoughts and I hated that I couldn't trust anyone no more, not even my own feelings.

All the alcohol, all of the loud people around me and my thoughts. My whole situation was just way too much.