20 - Don't Answer Yet

That was when I felt something wrap around my waist and the pressure of the water around me getting lost in the waves. Everything was black but with every second the darkness felt easier. Whatever it was that held me made me feel safe and gave me hope. Hope to once again see the sun as beautiful as this morning. Hope to hear Laws voice and hope to feel Kids warmth just one more time.

I opened my eyes slowly with the pressure of the water making it hard to see. A beautiful creature right in front of me. Luminated in bright light while floating towards me. The long platinum blonde hair covered its surroundings like the light of the sun. I could feel my heart skip a beat in the presence of the angel in front of me. It was reaching for me. Its eyes were blue as the sky pierces through mine as it gets closer and lips shining in magenta giving me the most comforting smile. The angel in front of me came closer and closer and I knew I was ready to die. Though the angel didn't give me the feeling of an end but of being reborn. I was ready to be reborn in the arms of the angel. I closed my eyes again giving in and reaching for the angle.

We hit the surface and I felt the cold air on my skin. I coughed, feeling weak as I tried to open my eyes. "Y/N! Are you alright?" I heard Killer's loud voice as I opened my eyes slowly. Killer? We were in the middle of the ocean and the waves around us kept crashing on us. As I opened my eyes I found myself pressed tightly to the wide chest of Killer, I looked up and felt in shock. Killer? The man held me in his arms and I felt him squeeze me tight to his chest. Panic arose in me yet again feeling the pressure and pain the water caused within me as I passed out again.

...

Killer grabbed onto Y/N tightly, knowing if he would let go he does never see her again. He knew this wasn't right. He knew she belonged to Kid his brother and best friend. All these years they wandered and sailed around together, protecting each other. Though when he jumped into the water, as much as he wanted to deny it, he didn't jump for Kid this time. He jumped for Y/N and he jumped for himself. He couldn't let her die and he was angry. He tried to support Kid as much as he could but he ended up losing Y/N. Struggling with his emotions Killer tried to fight his way through the waves. Every inch of his body was tensed and he felt himself getting weaker as they got closer to the Victoria Punk. Killer grabbed a ladder on the side of the ship, pulling himself and Y/N out of the water. As he hung on the side of the ship, pressing Y/N to his body he pressed a light kiss on her forehead while whispering to himself. "None of us really deserve you."

With that Killer grabbed onto her tighter and pulled them up the ladder under heavy breaths. As soon as they got to the deck Kid and Law run up to them. The relief was written all over their faces. Killer felt guilty in a way but he didn't dare to look at Law or even Kid. He held his gaze straight and walked passed them leaving them dumbstruck and staring at him. His grasp around Y/N got closer as he stopped.

"You two have no right to own her. Look what you have done." He hisses quietly under his breath. With that, his gaze searches the crowd. Everyone was quiet, staring at him. His gaze stopped at the Doc, he was standing between a really confused Wire and a very worried Heat. "What are you waiting for get her in the infirmary!"
They all seemed to be stunned by the situation only Killer's words got them back to reality. The Doctor nod quickly and made his way to the infirmary. "Heat?" Killer's eyes were fixed on Heat. The tall man was still shocked, paler than usual. He walked up to Killer and eyed him and Y/N. "Will she be alright?"

Killer held his breath for a second. His grasp around Y/N tightened. Her skin felt cold and her breaths got lighter with every second. It was hard for him to let go of her as he placed her slowly in Heat's arms. "Yes, just get her to the Doc fast." Heat nodded as he took her. He was surprised if not shocked to see Y/N in such a state. Her small fragile body was shaking. As he left Killer turned his back and walked up to Kid and Law. Their faces were covered with a dark shadow. He could sense the anger rising in Kid. He was tensed but Killer couldn't consider Kid's feelings in this case. Y/N nearly died.
"I could help nurse her." Law stepped up to Killer. Law seemed worried, he was no less tensed than Kid. "Didn't you hear him?" Kid hissed angrily. "We have done enough damage." Kids voice broke down with every word he said. The guilt was written all over his face. He knew they went too far.