6 - Merchant Ship Raid

He looked at me confused before he grabbed the hammer and lifted it without any problems. At that moment I released my power from the hammer, which pulled the hammer jerkily to the ground. Wire, who was surprised by the sudden weight of the hammer, now looked at me angrily. "

Damn women! You really are a pain in the ass!" With that, he walked off. I grabbed the hammer happily and followed him.

Only when we got over deck, I asked myself why we had to prepare so many weapons to attack a merchant ship. I went to the railing and looked at the ship. They had signalled the desire for peaceful negotiations. The ship wasn't too far away, and I could tell that it had to be a merchant ship belonging to a royal family. On the one hand, that meant, of course, better loot, but on the other hand, there were probably many soldiers on the ship.

The ships were now parallel to each other. People had gathered on the decks of both ships, and Kid stepped over to the railing and waited for the merchant ship's speaker. When the soldiers on the other ship saw him, nervousness developed. There weren't many soldiers, but those they had looked well-trained. The majority of their crew consisted of simple men who wanted to earn good money with this sea voyage. They stood behind the soldiers. Now a battered older guy with glasses and a long face stepped forward and looked up at Kid. Despite the fact that they were standing at the same level, Kid towered over him because of his height."Hello!", The old man reached into his pocket and opened a letter. "Eustass Captain Kid. On behalf of My Royal Highness, I thank you for agreeing to negotiations. We offer you sixty percent of our cargo if you let us pass without further fighting." Now the mumbling began on our ship. Many pirates thought the offer was good, some just longed for a fight. Now Killer stepped up to Kid, who had not yet shown any reaction. He said it quietly, but I still managed to understand him. "If they offer us sixty percent, they must have something valuable on board." Kid just nodded, his gaze fixed on the man. He cleared his throat now and crossed his arms over his chest."What do you have onboard that weighs sixty percent of your booty?" The old man swallowed and now looked visibly nervous.

"Don't worry about that." He stuttered as Kid twitched the corners of his mouth. Kid turned to us and reached back and an evil grin formed on his face as he pointed straight at the old man. "Let's take over the ship!"With that, the pirates began to jump on the merchant ship, shouting. A battle between the soldiers and the pirates ensued. The old man fled below deck. I was watching the show with interest when Wire nudged me from behind. I looked up at him and he pointed to the fight. His eyes were as uninterested as ever. Well, let me mess with you. I grabbed Wire's hand, activated my abilities, and tossed him over the soldiers. Judging by his look I was going to get in real trouble later, but that irritated look on his otherwise so stern face was worth it all time. When he caught himself over the soldiers, I released my powers from him and he dropped down in the middle of the fight. His landing was not as awkward as expected, on the contrary, he had even carried away 2 soldiers when he landed and was now standing on them. He was staring in my direction angrily while I started laughing.

I jumped onto the opponent's ship and was attacked directly by two soldiers. "Girl you'd better stay away from pirates, you'd better stick to real men like us!" said one before raising his sword in my direction. "I rather not." I said with a grin as a crooked smile crept onto my cheeks. "Then you've picked this one!" he shouted angrily as he raised his sword at me. I quickly dodged and kicked his legs away. At that moment I heard the voice of the other soldier who had been quietly watching until now. "You bitch!" He looked visibly unhappy about the fact that I let his comrade fall on the floor. He didn't carry a sword but a lance with which he tried to stab me. I activated my powers and now jumped over the lance, ready to crush him under me, I took out my hammer and released my powers.