Chapter 1

Tanisha's POV:

We had been back in Haywood since the beginning of the summer but today was my first day back at Haywood High. Donnell had gotten a new job as a professor at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville in the middle of my freshman year so we had to move. I'm so glad we moved back cause Knoxville was boring as hell. Plus mama had gotten tired of it so she told Donnell that if he didn't find another job somewhere else she was gonna leave him there and mama don't lie to nobody. She did the same to my daddy only he was going to the Navy and she told him she wasn't waiting on him. So yeah, Donnell still there but I bet he gonna come back midway through this year.

"Hurry up outta there, I gotta pee!" I heard Thomas yelling through the bathroom door. I have been in here a while but shit, I'm the oldest, I deserve more time anyway. Plus he a boy and it's plenty of damn bushes outside waiting on him.

I turned the music down cause I didn't know if I wanted to annoy his lazy ass by just ignoring him or just tell his ass off. "Shut up nigga, gimme like 10 more minutes."

"nah Nisha, ion think I can hold it that long, bruh come on!"

Ugh, this nigga still nagging. "Damn you must got a small storage box then" I laughed until I heard Taz laughing so I laughed even harder. I heard him smack his lips right before he said,

"man I got yo big head ass when you get off you lil shitty flat ass." he said trying to cracking me.

Why the hell he out there lying? Even though he my brother, he know damn well my ass is fire. "whatever nigga" I said nonchalantly and turned

"Nisha, watch your damn mouth in my house! And turn that music down too!" I heard mama yell. I was so conceited about my butt that I ain't even here my mama ccoming. I quickly blurted out "Sorry mama, love you too!"

After leaving the bathroom I, got my headphones and purse and proceeded to get a muffin and some water from the kitchen. I grabbed my keys and waited in the car for my bullheaded brother and sister. I definitely wasnt in the mood for them to have me late, not today.

I quickly headed to down the street to pick up my bestfriend Lala before we headed to school. We've been friends since 4th grade when she was new and nobody would talk to her. No lie, she was a fugly looking lil girl but my baby done glo'd up on these hoes now. I mean no make up needed and still be killing yall. Finally look like we real friends, but I never let that stop our relationship.

"BAEEEE!!!!" she yelled running to get in the car.

"Hey Lay Lay, I missed you bit!" even though we was just together all yesterday.

"yeah Lay Lay I missed you too baby" I heard Thomas mumble from the back seat.

"ewww TJ, they'll have to take me to jail before I even give you the time of day. " she laughed as she put on her seat belt. "Anyways, you ready for your comeback Tan?" she asked me. Lala started calling me Tan when we met cause me and her step mama, which she could not stand, had the same name.

"Girl this ain't no comeback, I'm just ready to get it over with." I really was nervous but I wasn't gonna tell her that. I don't know why cause I had lived here my whole life and only been gone two years.

"You bluffing girl but whatever" she said looking at me cause she knew I was lying.

We pulled up to the school and we all got out to go get checked in and get our schedules.

I made myself a promise that I would make the most out of my senior year and I had a good feeling that I would be doing just that.