Chapter 12

"Mama what? How? What kind? When mama? You gone be okay." Just some of the things the twins, Lala and DJ swarmed mama with.

Me and Toya just sat there. Those are the type of words that make you think about changing your life around. Those the type of words that make you remember life aint fair. Those the type of words that make you realize time don't wait for nobody. My mama ain't nothing but 41. Those the type of words that make you wanna break down but you can't find enough liquid to gather just for you to drop that one tear.

I love my mama. I don't wanna lose her.

I sat there the whole conversation. Just a blank stare on my face.

When I thought they were done, I got up, wrapped my arms around her, then placed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you" I whispered in her ear. She didn't say anything. Just grasped me tighter.

Toya and I walked outside to get some fresh air.

"What we gone do?" I asked her. She was the big sister so she should have the answers.

"Girl, I don't even know. I was gonna go back to school but mama need us and I don't need student loans and medical bills." She huffed out.

"Where the hell Donnell at? I know his ass better make it back here cause Mama gone have to stop working soon. What kind of cancer it was?" I asked trying to clarify where my not shit step daddy was.

"Hell ion know but you right. And I think I was ovarian.." She clarified for me.

Damn....

"Well looks like you've got plans so Imma call you in the morning to hip you and everything then we can go from there. Think we can go see Daddy?" I asked her. We hadn't seen him since we left with Donnell. He was so hurt and so were we. Even mama and that was a shocker.

"Yessss!!!! You read my mind. Okay talk to you later boo." She said kissing me on the cheek before hopping in the Tahoe and pulling off.

Not too long after they pulled off, Lala came outside to tell me Kalil had called and he was on his way.

Damn I forgot.

I ran in the house to get my keys, phone, wallet, lip gloss, candy, you know the necessities, and had no luck. "Where the hell my stuff?!" I yelled though the house.

"Tanisha!"

"Sorry mama." I forgot she was here already, just not used to it.

"Hey you seen my keys and..."I asked Lala after walking back outside only to find she had everything in her hand.

"Lay Lay you're the best babe." I said getting my stuff from her. "I know." she smirked all cocky like. "You coming?" I asked hoping she said yes.

"Eww, no." She said scrunching her face up.

"Nothing gonna happen, especially not with you there" I smiled trying to butter her up.

"Helllll No." She said "I don't have no energy and I'm not even the one beating people's ass." She laughed.

"Haha. Yall ain't gone let me live that down." I said. "Hellll nawl, I would've pulled you off her sooner but she deserved all of it." She said still laughing.

"Shut up, I feel bad." I said, which I really did she had to get like 6 stitches and coach suspended us for 3 games.

"Girl gone" Lala laughed, "there go Kalil anyway."

"Ha, bye girl." I told her before walking to his white F-150.

"Wassup Tootie?" He said all macho like.