Chapter 13

The next morning.

"Wake your ass up" a voice echoed through the speaker. I didn't even check who was calling before I swiped the answer thing.

"What do you want?" I grunted though the phone. I feel so sick. I don't feel like doing nothing.

"What you mean what I want?! I want your ass to wake up and get dressed so we can go see daddy." She said before hanging up.

Damn I totally forgot.

I threw on a my gray PINK sweat pants, a Haywood Cheer tshirt, and some pink converse. I pulled my hair up in a messy bun and put on some oversized pearls.

I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. Just sitting in here reminds me of how I just fell asleep that day and don't remember how; or where the hell my uncle disappeared off to.

I heard a horn been outside. It's probably Toya.

I unset the alarm then set it back so I could go out the door. I grabbed my wallet and keys and headed outside.

This bih driving a Benz. "Girl I didn't know the military paid like this." I said once I got in the passenger seat.

"Military? We got so much to talk about. Plus my baby bought me this." She replied talking probably referring to Diego.

"Like what? And I gotta talk to you too." Only thinking about telling her half.

"You first girl mine a long story." She said laughing like.

"Well I got to fighting.." I started before being interrupted.

"I know! You beat that hoe ass!! I was like Damn, where she get that from?" she said flipping her weave knowing it was her. She play so much.

"You play too much." I laughed. "But anyway, I did it for the first time yesterday." I mumbled.

"Did what?" She bucked at me with her eyebrows raised.

I just sat there..

"Ugh..." She sighed. "Where Tanisha?" She asked.

"His car..."I mumbled kinda ashamed.

"The car? Wtf yall couldn't get in no bed?" She asked raising her voice. This what she was mad at?

"Yall used protection?" She asked.

" No....." I mumbled again. "But I didn't let him nut in me!" I clarified.

"Oh well yeah you straight." She said calmly.

"Really?" I asked with hope.

"Hell No. I'm taking you to the clinic I went to." She told me turning off the free way.

"You? What were you doing at a clinic?" I asked confused as hell. "You just got back."

"Well this what I wanted to talk to you about. Right before I was supposed to go off to Basic Training, me and Diego hooked up...and I got pregnant...so I couldn't go. And instead of telling mama, we just went to Atlanta for the summer." She said leaving me in awe.

"Toya what the hell? You could've hinted me in or some." I said mad as hell.

"Aww you missed me baby sis? But nooo I had to make it believable for everybody, even you." She said still leaving me mad.

"Well what mama gone do with two grandkids right now? We should just gone get abortions." I suggested, considering mamas health.

"Two? Bitch i ain't pregnant no more." She said bringing me more new news.

"You had an abortion?!" I asked, looking for guidance.

"Hell Nawl! You know me better. And you better not be thinking bout that shit. You made the damn mistake, you gone raise the damn mistake." She said getting defensive.

"I'm not, I'm not" I lied. "What happened then?"

"I lost the baby 2 weeks ago." She mumbled. This is probably why she was defensive.

"Tanisha Jackson?" A nurse called from the door way. I had already took my pee sample.

"Follow me sweetheart." I followed her into this cold white room with only 1 chair, a stool, a bench, and a bed.

"Dr. Brown will be with you shortly." the nurse told me before walking out of the room.

I was soooo scared. Like I didn't know what I would even do with a baby. I don't have a job. Mama barely got a job. I'm finna turn 18 so that mean my daddy not gone have to pay child support no more. Lord help me.

"Okay Ms. Jackson, are you ready?" The doctor said busting through the door, making me jump.

"Of course she's ready, she thinks she's ready right?" Toya, staring at me, blurted out before I could prepare my mouth to reply. "Mhmm, she ready."

Why do I feel like she is judging me? Of course she was 18 at the time and I'm just 17 but shit what good influence I got in my life anyway.

"Well Ms. Jackson, it appears that you have been pregnant for at least 4 days now."