Chapter 20

Me and Carla finished our lunch and we were headed back to Diego and Toya's apartment.

As I'm walking out the door somebody grabs my arm.

"Um what you want?" I asked turning around.

"Can we just talk for a minute, please?" Kalil said.

"About what?" I asked sarcastically.

"Come on...you've been ignoring me, I wanna talk about us." He said.

"Well I guess you wouldn't want me to blow you off in front of all these people." I said, trying not to embarrass him.

"I don't care about "all these people". I'm asking YOU can WE talk about US." He said. I could tell he was serious.

"Okay fine. But not in front of all of these people." I gave in and told him. He was looking just way too fine.

"Yo nah fasho we can go sit in my truck." He said, I'm thinking okay now zaddy you know what happened last time we talked in your truck.

"So wassup, how my daughter doing?" He asked, after we had settled down in the truck.

"She's fine, that's the only person you see?" I asked.

"Nah but I'm just trying to make sure our baby okay Nisha. I don't get to see yall often to make sure yall taken care of." He said. I stopped messing with Kalil the minute he started trying to check me about my where abouts and stuff.

"Oh so you do care about me instead of just what I'm carrying?" I asked him.

"Nisha you don't care about nobody but yourself. You don't care about how nobody feel, or what you can do to help. You always running around doing some shit that can harm my daughter and I'm tired of it." Kalil said, righteous buckin on me.

"Kalil this is MY daughter too!" I exclaimed.

"Youn act like it. You 5 months pregnant and still smoking weed. You'll be happy if you lose the baby cause youn want it no way." He said.

"But Kalil–" I started.

"Man but Kalil nothin. You know it's true. Man get the Fuck outta my car. I just wanted to talk and see bout working some out. But nah soon as you have that baby I'm filing for custody." He said before getting out the truck to open my door.

I got out and walked over to Carla's car.

He sped off as soon as I closed her passenger door.

"I never could stand that selfish ass hole. He was just good to fuck." Carla said. I was pretty much drowning her out.

"Nisha....Bitch I know you hear me." She said multiple times before I finally snapped out of it.

"Oh girl I was just thinking about something. But whats up Car, what we finna get into?"
I asked. With her, there was never a dull moment.

"Girl Cam having a party tonight so I thought we could roll up in there, you know, show our face, shake some ass, get some drinks." She said sticking her tounge out. I just laughed.

"Well that's tonight, what's the move for now?" I asked, yawning. I'm thinking about telling her to take me home so I could get a nap in.

"Bitch you better wake up. I need a fill in and you, well you need a damn full set." She said pulling in to the parking lot of the mall.

We got our nails done and picked up a couple outfit for tonight. It was finna be a lituation to kick off basketball playoffs. Now I could just go home and still have time for a nap.

"So which nigga you trying to fuck tonight, huh?" I asked, knowing she had something planned.

"I don't know what you're talking about Nisha. New year, new me remember?" She said. She had supposedly turned over this new leaf about changing but I wasn't buying nothing that Bitch say. She need to stop just like this red light we just pulled up too.

"Mhmm, whatever..CAR!!!!!"