Chapter 7

Tanisha's POV:

School was a complete drag.
Time for practice.
Practice was actually okay, no arguing or anything just smooth.

Afterwards, Taz went to spend the night at a friends house and Lala went straight to the hospital so I told her I'd be there later after I took a shower and changed clothes. So I'm on my way home by myself when I got a phone call.

"Shoulders sideways, smack it, smack it in the air
Legs movin' side to side, smack it in the air"

"Hello?" I questioned.
"I'm coming over." a familiar voice demanded.
"Umm, who is this?" I asked. "Like hell you coming over your number not even saved"
"It's KG and I'm coming over" he said before hanging up.

Who the hell he think he is? I'm not even at home yet. And mama probably still at home. AND I gotta get up to the hospital.

After I got out the shower, I heard the door bell. Shit, this nigga was serious. I just threw on a t-shirt and some shorts and went to answer. It probably wasn't even him.

Uh yeah, it was definitely him.

"You look happy to see me." he said sarcastically. "Hmm. Sure." I replied.
"What do you want?" I asked trying to cut to the point. "I just needed someone to talk to." he replied. "Boy you got a whole girl friend." I replied. This why niggas ain't shit. "Look, can I just come in a sit down, I'm serious." he said. Even though I knew he was know good, I also knew he was serious.

"Okay, so what's on your mind?" I asked once we were settled on the couch.

"Can you turn the TV down?" Kalil asked. "No, it's not even loud. Answer the question." I demanded.

"Well I just needed someone to talk to, who I knew was gone listen. Carla would listen but she'd start naggin bout something or turn everything on me. That ain't what I need. My nigga is on his death bed in the hospital. For the second time. Shit Ian afraid to say it, that's my best friend. He been there for me when I was there for myself. Sometimes I feel like he the only one out of anybody in this city that fuck with me just for me. I get that your brother 'Look out for me' but he just trying to get another nigga in the streets so he won't feel bad for himself. I gotta get out of this shit man . And I can't lose Desmond or I won't have nobody. Nobody." He vented. I just sat there and listened.

"You got me. Desmond gone pull through. My brother not a punk. But yeah, you got me." I assured him. I think. I'm not even sure if I was being 100 right now but it sounded good for the moment.

"You forreal shawty?" he asked. "Yeah I'm forreal." I think I'm lying.

And just like that, he leaned in to me.
I closed my eyes because the moment was so perfect, I didn't wanna see it come to a end. I puckered up my lips but he didn't...he just laid his head on my shoulder. And from there we fell asleep.