Chapter 54

Adam's .P.O.V.

It's been a week since Gracie passed away. We realized that Rosalyn had a miscarriage when Grace was born. Gracie was fine during the examinations when she was in Rosalyn's stomach but something just changed inside Gracie which was her heart. The doctors knew when she was born. Her poor little heart gave out. It just couldn't beat anymore to kick our only daughter alive. At least she is flying high up in the heavens with her Great, Great Grandma and Grandpa. She is in a better place and I will always keep her in my heart.

We set up a little funeral for her. It took a pretty devastating toll on all us but mostly Rosalyn. Rosalyn took it harder than everyone. She won't eat or sleep and I am really worried about my girl.

I walked into the room. I looked at my poor girl, lying on the bed holding on to Gracie's teddy bear we gave to her when she was born, with mascara dripping down from her eyes like one of those creepy demon ladies who come out of the closet to scare you but my Rosalyn wasn't scary though. I tried to cheer her up but nothing works, not even Rosie, our dog, could even make her happy. I walked over to the bed and knelt down on the floor beside her.

"Hi my beautiful girl." I stroked her hair. She didn't even give me one of her famous beautiful smiles that I love so much about her.

"Adam, I need to be alone." She said with tears in her eyes. I placed my hand on her cheek and quickly wiped away her incoming tears.

"Rosalyn, let me stay here with you. I know how you feel sweetie. I am sad to but Gracie is in a better place." She grabbed a tissue and wiped her eyes.

"Adam.. You don't know how much this effects me." I listened to her. "It's my fault Adam! Its My Fault!" She stood up and pounded her arms against the wall and broke down. I held her in my arms as she cried into my chest.

"It was not your fault sweetheart." I picked her up and placed her on the bed. I grabbed some tissues and tried to wipe the mascara off her face as best as I could.

"Yes it is Adam! You don't know..You don't know! It is my fault that I had a miscarriage with our baby ending up dying after her birth. See Adam, Its My Fault!" I held her in my arms as I listened.

"Rosalyn, it was not your fault! Sh*t happens! Sometimes the circle of life changes for everyone. It was not your fault that you didn't know about the miscarriage and it wasn't your fault that our daughter died. She is in a better place watching over us. I know it is hard on both of us to lose our only baby girl to death when being so young. I miss her too Rosalyn, so much! She will always be in my heart and she will always be in yours." A smile appeared on her face. She wiped her tears and leaned in my chest as she wrapped her arms around my body. I held her in my arms as she held me in hers.

"Your right Adam. Gracie is in a better place and she will always be in my heart till the day I die where we can be reunited together." She hugged me and kissed my forehead.

We both got up from the bed and fixed it back up. We threw all the tissues away and cleaned up the room a little bit.

Rosalyn's .P.O.V.

After we finished cleaning up our bedroom, I walked to the bathroom to look at my face. I looked like a raccoon! I was a mess. I quickly took a warm washcloth and scrubbed the black mascara off my eyes. After I finished getting the last of the mascara off, I turned on the water for a shower. All of a sudden, Adam came behind me and looked at the shower head.

"Rosalyn..if you love me..will you say yes and get in the shower with me." I smiled. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and he grabbed the bottom of my tank top and we both stripped down and got into the shower together.

🌌🌙🌌🌙🌌🌙🌌🌙🌌🌙🌌🌙

I watched as the man of my life fell asleep. I just couldn't sleep.
I stared up at the ceiling, thinking. Adam was right. It wasn't my fault but I still feel terrible, horrible and upset that my poor baby had to die from a poor heart. I just want her to be back in my arms when I held her for the first time after birth. Sh*t does happen and nothing can change it. I will always keep my daughter in my heart no matter what.

~author's note~
Poor Rosalyn and Adam. I know it's hard to lose a child especially if it's your own. It's hard to live without the one you love who feels so special, so dear to you and you want everything to bring them back.😢💔🙍👪 Its hard!

Please keep voting and commenting😊❤️