Watching the Avengers - part 4

Okkkk so here's the deal. Most comments were Winterwidow or Romanogers. WinterWidow won by like a couple of votes, butttt I really, really, like Romanogers, and I haven't seen any stories like this, that have Romanogers, so I'm going to do that. Sorry if you wanted WinterWidow, I always found Romanogers a better ship (no hate to BuckyxNat.)

Anywayssss, Steve and Nat are dating, I might change things up in the movies to show their relationship. 

"Should we continue?" James asks. 

In a tiny shack, a little girl walks up the steps, only to be stopped by an attending woman. Then the little girl spots Bruce Banner. 

"Nice place" Tony says sarcastically. 

Attending woman: What are you doing here?! Get out! You shouldn't be here!

Little girl: I have to see the doctor! It's my father!

Bruce: Calm down. What's wrong?

Little girl: My father..

"Oh you have to help her!" Hermione says and Bruce frowns while Nat smirks. 

Bruce looks back, where the little girl is staring at a few people lying down, looking very sick. 

Bruce: Is he like them?

Little girl: Please. 

She holds out all the money she has. 

Bruce and the little girl hastily run nearly to the edge of town. The girl gets ahead of herself. Bruce spots local government car, he turns round, blocking any view of him.

Bruce quickly follows the little girl inside her house. As he walks in, the little girl escapes through the window. Bruce is left standing there/ 

Bruce: Should have got paid up front, Banner

People chuckle at that. 

Natasha then appears from behind the curtains. Bruce turns around quietly. 

Natasha: You know, for a man who's supposed to be avoiding stress, you picked  ahell of a place to settle. 

Bruce: Avoiding stress isn't the secret. 

Natasha: Then, what is it? Yoga?

Some people chuckle. 

Bruce: You brought me to the edge of the city, smart. I uh.. assume the whole place is surrounded. 

Natsha: Just you and me. 

"Knowing Nat, that's not true" Steve says and Nat just shrugs.

Bruce: And your actress buddy, is she a spy too? Do they start that young?

Natasha: I did. 

James and Lily look down, guiltily. 

Bruce: Who are you?

Natasha: Natasha Romanoff. 

Bruce: Are you here to kill me Miss Romanoff? Because that's not gonna work out for everyone. 

Natasha: No. No. Of course not. I'm here on behalf of SHIELD. 

Bruce: SHIELD. How did they find me?

Natasha: We never lost you doctor, We've kept our distance, even helped some other interested parties off your scent. 

"That's nice"

Bruce: Why?

Natasha: Nick Fury seems to trust you. But now I need you to come in. 

Bruce: What if I said no?

Natasha: I'll persuade you. 

Bruce: What if the... other guy says no?

Natasha: You've been more than a year without an incident. I don't think you wanna break that streak. 

Bruce: I don't always get what I want. 

Natasha: Doctor, we're facing a potential global catastrophe. 

Witches and wizards share a look.

Bruce: Well, those I actively try to avoid. 

"Good"

Natasha: This is the Tesseract. It has the potential energy to wipe out the plannet. 

She shows him a photo of the Tesseract on her phone. Bruce takes a closer look. 

Bruce: What does Fury want me to do? Swallow it?

"Can you actually? Tony asks and the Avengers look at him. 

"What?" he asks. 

Natasha: Well, he wants you to find it. It's been taken. It emits a gamma signature that's too weak for us to trace. There's no one that knows gamma radiation like you do. If there was, that's where I would be. 

Bruce: So Fury isn't after the monster?

Remus smiles sadly at Bruce, knowing how he felt. 

Natasha: Not that he's told me. 

Bruce: And he tells you everything?

"No he does not" Tony snorts.

Natasha: Talk to Fury, he needs you on this. 

Bruce: He needs me in cage?

Natasha: No one's going to put you in a..

Bruce: STOP LYING TO ME!

People flinch at the noise. 

The thunderous tone in his voice makes Natasha quickly grab her gun and point it at him, but something is now off in the atmosphere. Bruce stands straight up, smiling. 

Bruce: I'm sorry, that was mean. I just wanted to see what you'd do. Why don't we do this the easy way, where you don't use that, and the other guy doesn't make a mess? Okay? Natasha..

Natasha, still wary, doesn't lower her gun. She lowers the gun and speaks into her earpiece. 

Natasha: Stand down. We're good here.

Outside the shack, dozens of SHIELD agents are surrounding the shack outside. 

Bruce looks at Natasha, smiling. 

Bruce: Just you and me, huh?

Natasha looks at him. 

"That was cool" 

"Your so badass" 

-

-

The end of the chapterrrr!!