Watching the Avengers - part 20

Everyone is thrown in every direction. Steve, Fury, Thor and Tony are thrown across while Natasha and Bruce are down in the lower equipment room. Steve looks up at Tony.

Steve: Put on the suit!

Tony: Yep!

"At least you guys are working together now" Lily says. 

Steve helps Tony up and out of the lab. Fury sits up, clutching his chest. He puts on his earpiece.

Fury: Hill?!

Alarms set off, fire extinguishers activate near surrounding fires and every agent is in a spinning scramble for their positions and armaments. Hill keeps the bridge as calm as possible.

Hill: Turn up that engine! Number 3 engine is down! Can we get a run in? (runs over to GALAGA player) Talk to me.

"she's asking him????" 

GALAGA player: (points to monitor) Turbine's loose. Mostly intact, but it's impossible to get out there and make repairs while we're in the air.

Hill: We lose one more engine, we won't be. Somebody's got to get inside and patch that engine.

Fury: Stark! You copy that?!

Tony (V.O): I'm on it!

Fury: Coulson! Initiate official lock down in the detention section then get to the armory! Move out!

Coulson runs out of the bridge.

Natasha looks over to Bruce, who is breathing heavily, having landed hard. He is gripping the grated floor to maintain control, but his eyes are green, his face intense.

Bruce looks down. 

Natasha: (quietly, to herself) I'm okay. We're okay, right?

Clint leads his men into the air ducts of the ship. They rappel down into a corridor.

Clint: Get that engine down! Detention! Get him through the dark! Come with me.

Two of his men follow him. They head towards the bridge

Tony and Steve run through a dim, debris filled hall.

Tony: Find engine three. I'll meet you there.

Steve peels off as Tony approaches a tech room.

Bruce struggles to suppress the rage, but his face is growing, changing slowly. Natasha is pulling herself painfully free.

"Oh no"

Natasha: Doctor... Bruce, you gotta fight it. This is just what Loki wants. We're gonna be okay. Listen to me.

Two SHIELD soldiers arrive to check on her. She furiously waves them away. They bolt out of there.

Natasha: We're gonna be okay. Right? I swear on my life I will get you out of this, you will walk away, and never...

Bruce: Your life?

Everyone was surprised at Bruce's tone. 

 Another explosion rocks the carrier, and he turns to look at her, transforming just as the lights go out.

Natasha: Bruce.

"I'm sorry Nat" Bruce whispers. 

"hey don't you dare blame yourself" Nat says in a firm voice. 

Bruce suddenly starts transforming into the Hulk and gives Natasha one last knowing look. Natasha struggles free of the rubble. She stops.

"get out of there!" people yell.

The Hulk, sensing her, turns his head. Natasha jolts up the stairs with the Hulk chasing after her. Natasha maneuvers. She rolls under a turbine, starts to crawl within the maze of pipes. The Hulk pulls them out from above the catwalk. Natasha falls through under the catwalks and quickly and stealthily escapes. The Hulk lets out a roar of rage.

"Were you ok?" Remus asks Natasha who just nods at him. 

Loki looks up, smiling mischievously.

Fury runs in and sees the chaos has increased even more than before.

Fury: Bring the carrier inwards and head south. Take us to the water.

Helmsman: Why water? Navigations recalibrated after the engine failure.

Fury: Is the sun coming up?!

Helmsman: Yes, sir.

Fury: Then put it on the left! Get us over water! One more turbine goes down and we drop.

Steve, pushing with all his strength the door to portside, sees SHIELD tech in full oxygen masks shoot fire extinguishers and cover from sparks -- largely unable to do anything. Engine 3 is totally dead.

"That doesn't look good" 

Steve: Stark, I'm here!

Tony: Good. See what we got.

Tony flies in his Iron Man suit and gets close to the damaged engine. Tony observes within his viewscreen at the damaged engine and its layouts.

Tony: I gotta get this super conducting cooling system back online before I can access the rotors and work on dislodging the debris.

Tony begins pulling on the stuck rotors. He looks over at Steve.

Tony: I need you to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position.

"You should give more specific instructions" Steve tells Tony. 

Tony flies into giant cooling conductors. Steve jumps over to the other side of the broken railing.Steve gets himself to the control panel and opens it up.

Tony: What's it look like in there?

Steve: It seems to run on some form of electricity.

"Wow Cap" Nat and Peter say sarcastically. 

Tony: Well your not wrong. 

-

-

Literally made this chapter listening to Louis Tomlinson and pretending I'm in a music video. Lol who can relate?