Watching the Avengers - part 26

Tony looks at the empty cell container. He stands not saying a word. Steve walks in.

Steve: Was he married?

Tony: No. There was a uh...cellist, I think.

Steve: I'm sorry. He seemed like a good man.

Tony: He was an idiot.

"What??" 

Steve: Why? For believing?

Tony: For taking on Loki alone.

"oh"

Steve: He was doing his job.

Tony: He was out of his league. He should have waited. He should have..

Steve: Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony.

Tony (walks away): Right. How did that work for him?

Steve: Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?

Tony(turns around sharply): We are not soldiers! I am not marching to Fury's fife!

Steve: Neither am I! He's got the same blood on his hands as Loki does. Right now we've got to put that aside and get this done. Now Loki needs a power source, if we can put together a list...

Tony(looking at the blood stained wall): He made it personal

Steve: That's not the point.

Tony: That is the point. That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live. Why?

Steve: To tear us apart.

Tony: He had to conquer his greed, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us and he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience.

Steve: Right, I caught his act at Stuttgart.

Tony: Yeah. That's just a preview, this is opening night. Loki's a full-tilt diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built in the skies with his name plastered..... Son of a bitch!

"What happened?" 

"He ruined my tower!" Tony whines

Selvig works around the CMS device that has already been set-upon the rooftop of Tony's tower.

Steve walks in full uniform. Natasha looks at him.

Steve: Time to go.

Natasha: Go where?

Steve: I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?

Clint walks out of the restroom and looks at Steve.

Clint: I can.

Steve looks at Natasha and she nods her head to confirm Clint's on their side.

Steve: You got a suit?

Clint: Yeah.

Steve: Then suit up.

People cheer at that.

-

-

Sorry it's a short one! Next one will be long, I promise.