Watching the Avengers - part 30

Loki: Sentiment.

Thor gets up, kicks Loki and lifts him into the air. Thor then slams him down, hard. Loki, bleeding, rolls over the edge. Thor looks down. Loki is riding on a flying chariot, dozens of Chitauri follow his lead.

The trio run behind upside taxis. They look up and see Loki taking his band down the street and fires at the street in a chain of explosions, smashing cars and hurling people.

Steve looks down the bridge.

Steve: Those people need assistance down there.

Chitauri soldiers that have landed near them and begin firing at them. Natasha pulls out both pistols and fires.

Natasha: We got this. It's good. Go!

Steve: You think you can hold them off?

Clint: Captain. (pulls a trigger on his bow; a narrow is mechanically chosen) It would be my genuine pleasure.

Some people laugh at that. 

Clint shoots an arrow into the creature's head, gaining a few seconds for Steve as he falls down the bridge, followed by an explosion. Steve races over to the plaza, jumping over dozens of exploding cars.

Clint runs over a bus full of people. From the windows, small children are held by their parents for Clint to pull them out to safety. He runs over to the jammed door and opens it. People begin to run out. Natasha empties out her clip. Clint fires arrows into the ranks of the Chitauri, not missing even once.

"How do you never miss???" 

Natasha: Just like Budapest all over again!

Clint: You and I remember Budapest very differently.

"What happened at Budapest?" 

The cops continuously fire at the flying chariots. It's pretty pointless. A young cop runs over to his police sergeant.

Cop: We need to get out! They gotta bring the National Guard!

Sergeant: National Guard? Does the army know what's happening here?

Cop: Do we?

"I don't think anyone does" Thor says.

Steve jumps in front of them. They look up at him. 

"I don't think they know who you are" 

Steve: I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th.

Sergeant: Why the hell should I take orders from you?

Suddenly, an explosion comes up from behind Steve. An energy blast is blocked by his shield. Two Chitauri soldiers attack. The cops watch in shock as Steve fights them off with ease. 

"They look so surprised" 

The Sergeant turns to his officer.

Sergeant: I need men in those buildings, lead the people down and away from the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th.

People laugh at that. 

Tony swerves around a building and faces the Chitauri leviathan. He pulls out his miniature multiple rocket launcher and fires. The Chitauri leviathan roars in annoyance and turns to him.

Tony: We got his attention. What the hell is step two?!

"Do you ever have a plan?" Nat asks and Tony shrugs.