Catws - 3

Steve takes off on his motorcycle; in the Smithsonian Museum there is an exhibit dedicated to Captain America.

The Smithsonian Narrator: A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world. The story of Captain America is one of honor, bravery and sacrifice.

Steve, keeping his face hidden under a baseball cap, walks over to the exhibition.

"That is a horrible disguise" Clint tells Steve.

"I know" Steve sighs. 

Woman on PA: Welcome to the Smithsonian. Visitor information booths are available on the second level.

Smithsonian Narrator: Denied enlistment due to poor health, Steven Rogers was chosen for a program unique in the annals of American warfare. One that would transform him into the world's first super soldier.

A boy recognizes him, Steve smiles puts his finger against his mouth to indicate for the boy to keep quiet and the boy nods, Steve then watches some old footage of himself.

"Told you it was bad, a little kid recognized you!" 

Old Footage Recording: In this rare footage, everyone's favorite war hero, Captain America...

Steve goes to the display where there are mannequins with costumes of Steve's old commando squad.

Smithsonian Narrator: Battle tested, Captain America and his Howling Commandos quickly earned their stripes. Their mission, taking down HYDRA, the Nazi rogue science division.

Steve walks over to the a display of his friend Bucky Barnes.

Smithsonian Narrator: Best friends since childhood, Bucky Barnes and Steven Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Barnes is the only Howling Commando to give his life in service of his country.

"It should have mentioned how you picked fights every hour in a new spot and I had to come and save you" 

Steve watches an older looking Peggy Carter being interviewed.

"Who's that?" 

"Peggy Carter" Steve says. 

"Aunt Peggy" Tony says at the same time. 

"Aunt????" 

Peggy That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve... Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand men, including the man who would...who would become my husband as it turned out. Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life.

Steve looks at the photo of Peggy he'd kept in his old compass.

Steve visits Peggy, who is now lying sick in bed.

"Oh my god" Tony says, feeling bad that he never visited her.

Steve: You should be proud of yourself, Peggy.

Steve looks at Peggy's family photos by her bedside table showing her with her husband and children.

Peggy: Mm. I have lived a life. My only regret is that you didn't get to live yours. What is it?

Steve: For as long as I can remember I just wanted to do what was right. I guess I'm not quite sure what that is anymore. And I thought I could throw myself back in and follow orders, serve. It's just not the same.

Peggy: You're always so dramatic. Look, you saved the world. We rather...mucked it up.

Steve: You didn't. Knowing that you helped found SHIELD is half the reason I stay.