Catws - 1

Sam  is jogging around Washington, D.C. when Steve quickly catches up to him and runs past him.  

"Oh my god I remember this" Sam groans. 

Steve: On your left.

As Sam continues to jog Steve comes around again quickly after doing another lap.

Steve: On your left.

Sam: Uh-huh, on my left. Got it.

Everyone laughs at that. 

As Sam is still jogging Steve comes around again from behind him from another lap.

Sam: Don't say it! Don't you say it!

Steve: On your left!

Sam: Come on!

"A 100 year old beat you" Bucky laughs as Sam glares at him. 

Sam gets angry and tries to catch up to him but only after a few seconds he's unable to carry on and stops to rest. As Sam is resting catching his breath sitting by a tree Steve walks over to him.

Steve: Need a medic?

Sam laughs.

Sam: I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you just ran like 13 miles in 30 minutes.

Steve: I guess I got a late start.

"That's impressive Mr.Rogers, sir" 

"Kid just Steve is fine" 

"Yeah good luck with that Capsicle" 

Sam: Oh, really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap. Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it.

Steve: What unit you with?

Sam: 58, Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA.

Sam lifts his hand to shake.

Sam: Sam Wilson.

Steve shakes his hand.

Steve: Steve Rogers.

"I think he already knows that"

Sam: Yeah I kind of put that together. Must have freaked you out coming home after the whole defrosting thing.

Steve: It takes some getting used to. It's good to meet you, Sam.

Steve turns to leave.

Sam: It's your bed, right?

"That escalated quickly" half the great hall yelled. 

Steve: What's that?

Sam: Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there I'd sleep on the ground and use rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like...

Steve: Lying on a marshmallow. Feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor.

Sam smiles and nods his head.

Steve: How long?

Sam: Two tours. You must miss the good old days, huh?

Steve: Well, things aren't so bad. Food's a lot better, we used to boil everything. No polio is good. Internet, so helpful. I've been reading that a lot trying to catch up.

Sam looks up to think and raises finger.

Sam: Marvin Gaye, 1972, "Trouble Man" soundtrack. Everything you've missed jammed into one album.

Steve: I'll put it on the list.

Steve gets his small notebook and pen out and notes it down on his list which also includes - in the American version of the movie - I Love Lucy (Television); Moon Landing; Berlin Wall (Up + Down) Steve Jobs (Apple); Disco; Thai Food; Star Wars/Trek (with Star Wars crossed out, indicating that he has seen it); Nirvana (Band); Rocky (Rocky II?)

"You actually have a list???"

"YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED STAR TREK??!!" Peter yelled.

"Not yet kid" 

"Oh my god!!!! I'm showing it to you as soon as we're out of here" Peter say.  

"No your coming with us after this is over" Lily say. 

 "Um no he/I isn't" Tony, Nat, and Peter say. 

"Hey don't talk to your mom like that" James says to Peter and Nat. 

"You don't tell me what to do" Nat says. 

(Steve gets a text message: "Mission alert. Extraction imminent. Meet at the curb. :)"

"Smiley faces huh" Clint says wiggling his eyebrows at Nat who smacks him at the back of his head. 

Steve: Alright, Sam, duty calls. Thanks for the run. If that's what you wanna call running.

They shake hands.

Sam: Oh, that's how it is?

Steve: Oh, that's how it is.

Sam: (laughs.) Okay. Any time you wanna stop by the VA, make me look awesome in front of the girl at the front desk, just let me know.

Steve: I'll keep it in mind.

Sam: Okay.

Just then Natasha pulls up in her car by the curb and rolls down the window.

Natasha: Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil.

Whoever understood that, laughed while the others looked around confused. 

Steve: That's hilarious.

Steve walks over to her car and gets in, Sam gives Natasha and her car an appreciative look.

Sam: How you doing?

Natasha: Hey.

Steve: Can't run everywhere.

Sam: No, you can't.

He watches as Natasha quickly pulls away and drives off.

-

-

First part of the movie!!!