F O U R T E E N

Elle

I woke up in my bed and I could hardly breath. my nose was blocked, my throat hurt, my head was pounding and hot. It was still dark outside but I called out for mommy in a raspy voice and she soon came into my room. 

"What's wrong baby?" She pouts, walking up to my crib and getting me out. She put her hand on my forehead and kissed my cheek. She walked to her room and we got into her bed. We cuddle up together and I closed my eyes.

I woke up with mommy next to me so I patted her on the shoulder for her to wake up. Her eyes flattered open and I crawled on top of her. 

"Morning baby." She smiled, tucking back the hair that was in my face behind my ear.

"I'm hungry." I whined. She nodded and got up. She picked me up and put me on her hip to take me downstairs. She put me in my hair chair, which was next to the table in the kitchen, and started making pancakes, knowing that it will make me feel better.

I heard footsteps coming from the living room and when I looked over my shoulder, I saw grandma with a big smile painted on her face. She walked over to me and kissed me on the cheek and did the same with mommy.

"Elle's a little hot, is she feeling alright?" Grandma asked placing her hand on my forehead. 

"She's got a little cold." Mommy said looking over at me while smiling which made me smile back. "Here you go baby." She said putting a plate of pancakes, strawberries and chopped up banana onto my tray.

"Thank you mommy." I said while grabbing some cut up pancake and shoving it into my mouth, along with my fist which made mommy and grandma laugh.

Once I was finished with my pancakes, mommy took me out of my high chair and put me on her hip while grandma took out a bottle out of the cupboards. She put some of the thick liquid into a syringe and tried to put it in my mouth but I turned my head.

"Come on baby, it will make you feel better." Mommy insisted but I shook my head she bounced me on her hip insisting that I eat the gross looking thick liquid but I still didn't want to. Grandma tried to put it into my mouth once again but I still didn't eat it.

"I will give you some chocolate." Mommy whispered into my ear. I like chocolate. I want chocolate. Maybe it wont be that bad. 

I opened my mouth and grandma put the liquid into my mouth. It was bad! Very bad!

"See its not that bad." Mommy said kissing my forehead. 

"Yes it was!" I shouted with a disgusted look on my face. Mommy and Grandma laughed and mommy gave me some chocolate. "Tea party?" I asked, mommy nodded. 

We went up to my room and mommy got out my tea set. We set it out and started playing. After about half an hour of playing, I got bored so we decided to cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie, so we did just that.

It was now lunch time and I was hungry so grandma make mommy and I (vegan) chicken noodle soup. I crossed my legs and mommy placed the hot soup into my lap. She put a napkin onto my top and sat down next to me.

We ate our soup while watching Moana until I had finished eating it. Mommy took the empty bowl of of me, put it in the kitchen and then came back into the living room before we cuddled on the couch.

"You feeling better baby?" She asks with a sorrow voice. I nodded and nuzzled my head into her chest. She chuckles before she wraps her arms around me to cuddle.