S I X T E E N

Elle

I woke up when the room was still dark but a grey beam was shining through my half opened  curtains. I could see when everything was but as It was dark so I grabbed my teddy bear and started playing with it until I got bored and called out for mommy. 

It took her longer to get to my room than normal though but I heard the door open and saw mommy's figure in the darkness. I stood up and rested my hands on the bars of the grip so it would give me more balance for me to jump around. Mommy picked me up and took me to the kitchen without saying anything. She was warm but she wasn't herself.

She put me in my highchair as she made me some oatmeal with berries on top. She kept sniffing and coughing. She gave it to me and turned the coffee machine on, normally she doesn't drink coffee. Grandma came into the kitchen and kissed my head and mommy's head like she normally does. A worried and confused face appeared on grandma's face and she put her hand on mommy's forehead.

"Are you feeling ok?" Grandma asked. Mommy simply nodded and continued making her coffee. "Well you have a temperature and you don't look well." Grandma said.

"I don't feel well." Mommy said putting her hands over her face, "I have a sore throat, a headache, a runny nose and I just feel really weak." Mommy said.

"Have you had any medicine?" Grandma asked, mommy shook her head so grandma went into the cupboard and took a bottle of pills out and filled a glass of water. Mommy took 2 of the pills and put them in her mouth, washing them down with water.

"Now go get some rest." Grandma said cleaning up the kitchen. "I need to get Elle ready." Mommy said walking over to me to clean my face. 

"No, I will look after her, go to sleep and call me if you need anything." Grandma insisted.  Mommy sighed and went back into her bedroom as Grandma cleaned my face.

Grandma took me to the living room and put me in my play corner that mommy made. It was just in between the 2 couches with a toy box in it and some of those foam playmat pieces but I liked it, even though I have a playroom. We played for a little but I needed the toilet so I told Grandma. 

Mommy had started to potty train me which is ok but I prefer pooping in my diaper and mommy changing it for me, but now I have to tell mommy and we have to go to the bathroom and I have it sit on my potty. Its so much harder 🙄

Mommy also took away my pacifier in the day so I can only have it at night, but the say that I was sick, I could have it all day. I don't have naps that much, only if I'm tiered but between you and me, I love nap time. 

Grandma took me to the bathroom and I sat on my pink potty, mommy let me pick it out, it has princesses on it obviously. I did my business and waddle into my playroom. Normally mommy and I play tea parties with my teddies but mommy isn't here. I know where she is though, in her bedroom, so I walked, waddled, into mommy's room to find her.

I opened her door and saw a figure under her blankets. I walked closer and saw her green and black her on her blohsh pillow. The only problem is that I can't get onto her bed, normally she helps me. I use all my strength and power to lift myself onto the bed. Once I was on the bed, I crawled over to mommy and sat on top of her.

"Mommy," I whisper while patting her shoulder to try and wake her up. "Mommy," I repeated, tapping a little harder, "Mommy," I repeated again, poking her cheek this time which made her stir but she did wake up. "Mommy." I whine hitting her shoulder and this time it woke her up.

"Yes baby?" Mommy asked in a raspy sleepy voice. "Play tea parties?" I ask tilting my head to the side. "Ask Grandma, I don't feel well." She said rubbing her eyes and covering herself with the blanket. 

I sulk and left the room. I walked over to Grandma ,who was in the kitchen making soup for mommy. 

"Grandma?" I said tugging on her shirt. "Yes darling?" She said. "I'm bored." I replied. "Well I'm making mommy some soup so you two can sit on the couch and watch a movie?" She suggested. I nodded and walked away into my room to play with my barbies.

While I was playing barbies, I heard a knock on my door and when I turned around to see mommy at my doorway. She was holding her phone in her hand and had a smile on her face, even though she didn't look well. 

"Finneas is coming round and he wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with him for a little bit since I don't really feel well." Mommy said kneeling down and hugging me when I ran up to her. I nodded and looked down at her phone to see Finneas playing with peaches.

"She said yes." Mommy said to Finneas. "Great." I heard Finneas say. "We gotta get you dressed then because you have been in your pjs all day." Mommy said standing up and placing her phone on my dresser to pick out my clothes.

" Mommy said standing up and placing her phone on my dresser to pick out my clothes

She got me dressed and we played for a little before I heard a knock on the door. I heard footsteps coming to my door and saw Finneas. I jump up and ran up to him. He picked me up and blew kisses on my tummy which made me laugh.

"Where do you wanna go first?" He asked me kneeling down to my height. "Build-a-bear!" I said jumping up and down. "Build-a-bear it is." He laughed. "Don't spoil her and don't get her lots of candy." Mommy said to Finneas sternly. "Ok ok." He said holding his arms up in defence. 

Finneas and I laughed and got into his car. He put on some music so we were dancing and singing the lyrics. When we got to a red light, Finneas filmed me dancing and sent it to mommy.

__

A/n: Sorry i didn't update last week, i didn't have any ideas and also the next chapter is when Finneas and Elle hang out