T W E N T Y

Billie

Today is Christmas eve. Elle didn't want to go to bed because she wanted to see the reindeer but I didn't let her. After putting her to bed, I went to my room and continued wrapping presents and putting the labels on them. Its funny how I used to read 'from Santa' and now I'm writing 'from Santa'. 

My mom and I finish wrapping the presents and went into the living room to put them under the tree. 

"She is going to love what we got her." I said to mom, she agreed with me and I heard a knock at the door. Mom opened it and Finneas, Claudia and Peaches came into the house. They were staying the night as Elle requested. 

"Hi!" I called out so they will know where I am. Finneas came into the living room and hugged me. "Elle's in bed so be quiet because it took me ages to get her to sleep." 

"Ok." He laughed putting a big wrapped up box down under the tree. He went back to the car and got 6 more presents. 

"Finneas!" I whisper yelled. "What? Its only a couple presents." He said holding his arms up which made I rolled my eyes.

He brought some more presents into the living room and put them under the tree. I felt tired so I said goodnight to Finneas, Claudia, Mom, Dad and the dogs before going into my room. 

*The morning*

I wake up to Elle calling my name and jumping on my bed.

"Mommy its Christmas! Wake up!" She yelled jumping onto me. "Ok ok I'm coming." I said getting out of bed.

We went into the living room and she was shocked to see lots of presents under the tree. Finneas came out with two cups of coffee, one for him and one for Claudia. 

"Finneas! Santa came!" She shouted. "Wow, did he get you lots of presents?" He asked, she nodded.

I picked up one of her presents and gave it to her. She opened it up and it was a mini kitchen set as she loves helping us in the kitchen so mom got her it. 

"Open this one." Finneas said holding out a box to me. I took it off of him and unwrapped it to reveal a cardboard box. I opened the box and swept away the bubble wrap. It was a picture of Finneas and I as little kids, laughing, in a picture frame. "Take the picture out." He said so I do and read the message on the back.

'Billie, you are the most funny, strong, silly, kindest, talented person I know. I love being your brother and I wouldn't change it for the world. You constantly make my day when you are just being you and I love you more than anything and anyone in the world. -The best big brother to the bed little sister, Finneas'

"Aww, thank you." I said with tears building up in my eyes. I stand up and hug him, tears falling onto his shoulder. 

"Finneas thats lovely." Mom said as she read the note. "I know, I'm just amazing." He commented sassily.

"More presents?" Elle asked, tilting her head to the side. "Yes" I laugh.