Blood [Twice Halloween Special]

Twice

Wishes come true on Halloween. Wild spirits emerge from dreams, and each monster dances around the street. Without a little bit of curiosity and terror in our lives, we might not have imagination. Every now and then, we all need a good mystery.

In their shared apartment, the members of the group were gearing up for their annual Halloween bash. Momo, with her early enthusiasm, was already planning the party playlist, while Nayeon was less than thrilled about the upcoming festivities.

"It's that time of the year! Pull out your jack-o-lanterns and spooky masks because we're here to kick start a brand new collection of our cosmetic line—" the television blared before abruptly being switched off.

Momo's protest was met with Nayeon's irritated response. "It's annoying." she muttered, her expression soured by the commercial.

"What's up with you? It's Halloween." Momo began, only to be cut off by Nayeon's blank stare.

"Exactly. It's Halloween. " Nayeon shook her head.

Jihyo and Mina soon walked out of their rooms, overhearing the exchange.

"Momo-sshi, you should know by now that Nayeon hates Halloween. She's literally an anti-Halloween fan." Jihyo explained.

"Really? Why would anyone hate Halloween? It's the best time of the year!" Momo argued, trying to make her point.

"If you're trying to change my mind, don't bother. Halloween is just another day for me. Nothing about it scares or excites me." Nayeon said with a shrug, causing her friends to gasp.

Mina sipped her coffee silently, observing the exchange with a subtle smile.

"What are you smirking at?" Jeongyeon asked, noticing Mina's expression.

"Oh, nothing." Mina replied innocently, heading off to do her own thing.

Spooky season had arrived, and it was time to stock up for their annual Halloween party. This year, Jihyo, Nayeon, and Momo volunteered to handle the shopping, while the rest of the group stayed behind to decorate. It should be easy, right? After all, it's just another day. Or is it?

~~~~

As they strolled through the neighborhood, the air held a refreshing chill, and with every step, the sound of crunchy leaves filled the air beneath Jihyo, Nayeon, and Momo's feet. Momo, brimming with excitement, practically skipped along, her bags filled with candy and treats for later. "I can't wait to pick out pumpkins for carving!" she exclaimed. 

Nayeon, on the other hand, walked with a stoic expression, her arms crossed tightly over her chest. "I still don't see what's so great about it." she muttered, her tone flat.

Jihyo chuckled softly, giving Nayeon a playful nudge. "Come on, Nayeon-ah, don't be such a grump. Halloween is all about having fun and letting your imagination run wild."

Nayeon rolled her eyes but couldn't help a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "I'll believe it when I see it." she said, her skepticism evident.

As they wandered through the streets, they passed houses adorned with cobwebs, fake spiders, and jack-o-lanterns glowing eerily in the fading daylight. Momo squealed in delight at each spooky decoration, while Nayeon simply raised an eyebrow, unimpressed.