You & I [DubChaeng]

Dahyun x Chaeyoung

Dahyun and Chaeyoung were the group's unexpected couple. Everything turned out great, even flawless, as Chaeyoung expressed it. However, Dahyun had a serious talk with Chaeyoung about their relationship two years later.

"Before I go any farther, Chaeng. I just wanted to tell you how much I love you. I admire everything about you, and our relationship will always have a special place in my heart. So please bear with me." Dahyun remarked in a neutral tone, avoid being overly emotional in front of Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung seemed concerned as she explained what she meant.

"Uh, yes, definitely." Chaeyoung smiled and motioned for Dahyun to continue.

"I think we need to go on our separate ways for now. What I mean is that we should break up." Dahyun whispered the last part, and Chaeyoung was taken aback.

"W-Why?" Chaeyoung's voice trembled as she attempted to fight back the tears, knowing that if she starts sobbing, she won't be able to stop.

"I think we are too young for this. We should be having fun with our lives. You should enjoy every single minute that you have right now. We're young, and who knows what will happen to us in the next ten years?" Dahyun confessed, a little hesitantly.

"I-I see, Unnie." Chaeyoung answered in hushed tone, her gaze remained fixed on the painful ground.

"Chaeng, I'm—

"Unnie, please, I need some alone time." As Dahyun stood up and exited the room, Chaeyoung sniffed.

They parted ways shortly after, both burst into painful sobs. Things took an unexpected turn for them. Tzuyu was comforting the girl in her arms as Dahyun ran to the other room.

"I did it, Tzuyu. I just ended my relationship with my best friend and the love of my life." Dahyun sobbed, clutching Tzuyu as tightly as she could.

"Shhh, Unnie, things will get better." Tzuyu murmured gently to at least soothe her, although she herself isn't sure whether that's true.

"If it hadn't been for that stupid Dispatch—"

Jeongyeon was about to swear when Nayeon cut her off.

"It is not anyone's fault. But only if it weren't for Dispatch. JYP-nim would not have known." Tzuyu shook her head as Nayeon stated.

"That's not helpful, Nayeon." Jihyo muttered.

"Anyway, sometimes everything happens for a reason. Who knows, maybe fate will bring you two back together soon. Of course, if you two are truly destined to be together." Jihyo gave her a bright smile.

"She wouldn't. I just broke her heart." Dahyun sniffed in dismay, her eyes were already puffy and her nose was stuffy.

"Dubu, time will heal." Jeongyeon said.

~

Two years later, time had truly healed, just as Jeongyeon had said two years ago when everything was still a mess. Broken hearts were rebuilt, but the wounds left lasting scars.