Chapter Twenty-Three

Turning around I saw a knife being thrown at me. Moving to the side, I grapped the knife in mid air. Then without thinking, I threw it back. It then hit James right in the chest. Then the slow motion was all over. My eyes widened and I took my hands and covered my mouth. James then fell to his knees.

"You bitch..." He said to me then fell on his back.

"Oh my god!" I said and I then took a few steps back.

I then crashed into something, looking back I saw it was Isaac. Turing around I hid my face in his chest and cried. I had just killed someone.

"It's okay..." He told me and rubbed my back probably to try and calm me down, but it wasn't working.

"Isaac, get her out of here..." I heard Scott say and I was then picked up bridal style and I could feel us running.

But I didn't care to look up, I had my face hidden in his chest. But when we finally stopped I looked up to see my house. I then jumped down from his arms and began to walk to the front door. I know he was behind me looking around. My mom's car was in the driveway. So either she just got home, is about to leave, or actually has a day off. I opened the front door and walked in.

"Hey baby." My mom said as I walked past the living room. She was sitting on the couch watching TV. But I just keep walking. Right into my room.

When I walked into my room, I took the covers off my bed and slid unter then before curling up into a ball. I then heard the door open and close before feeling someone sit next to me. I could tell it was Issac by the weight different.

"I don't want to be a killer." I told him without moving, I didn't want to move. I wasn't going to move.

The cover then uncovered me and Issac laid down next to me pulling me close to him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I rested my head on his chest. He then began to rub my back.

"I know you don't baby.... I know you didn't mean to do that..." He said as he rubbed my back and I tried to hold back to tears.

*******

I remember falling asleep with Issac holding me. I had my head laying on his chest. I had really cried myself to sleep. I didn't know what time it was and I really didn't care. I slowly sat up and Issac was dead asleep. The sun was out, so it was daytime. Quietly climbing to the edge of the bed I got out.

"Peters locked up." I heard Scott say and I looked up. "And he's not getting out this time." I nodded my head and he walked off.