Chapter 16 | Apologies

"ASK YOUR DAUGHTER SIRIUS"

     Harry said bitterly glancing at Amelia after being asked about his injuries, while everyone held perplexed and little horrific expressions turning to Amelia, who held a straight face, because she did nothing wrong in her opinion.

   "What do you mean by that?" Sirius asked to Harry but his eyes were fixated on his daughter, who was looking ahead of her in air with a blank face.

   "Amelia what happened to him? Do you know?" Remus asked cautiously.

   "I would very much appreciate if you people make a better use of my time, or I leave" Amelia sighed looking down and Sirius stared at his daughter like she killed a dog.

    "Amelia, come sit here, you both, and now tell what happened?" Sirius pulled both of them making then sit together in front of the elders, beside each other much to both of their displeasure.

   "Did something happen between you?" Lily asked worriedly.

   "Fortunately no, thanks to my senses kicking in" Amelia scoffed gaining a very nasty glare from the bespectacled boy beside her.

   "Mum, dad, she did all this to me" Harry sneered lowly to his parents and everyone gasped staring at Amelia "And when you know the reason you'll be even more shocked"

    Everyone was staring with intense curiousity at the two kids and Amelia met none of their eyes. She already knew what was coming she could sense her father growing agitated beside her. She bit her lip anxiously looking down, she knew she had literally no one by her side here who would maybe fight for her, meanwhile the chosen one had whole his clan to support him.

    Harry sighed heavily with a grumpy look and began "She had a scarf from an old friend and I by mistake burned it while she was not there and as it was destroyed I threw it"

   "You should have apologised to her, or gotten her a new one" Lily suggested softly with a weak smile. Harry pursed his lips not meeting anyone' eyes.

    "Then– I dont know what happened, she got to know about what I did and then did this to me" Harry finished gulping feeling a tight knot within himself, meanwhile the girl beside him had still not looked up having her fists balled up tightly in her lap telling herself mentally to breath.

   The silence fell upon, and she could sense all the eyes on her, she felt herself go weak under the several gazes, her brain ordered to look up confidently but her neck refrained.

   "What is wrong with you?" Sirius growled lowly from beside her suddenly causing her to flinch slightly.

    She didnt know why her heart beat sped up and realised tears started pricking her eyes but she had them casted downwards. She bit her lip so harshly suddenly having a metallic test in her mouth. She constantly told her to not breakdown, atleast not in front of the whole crowd, but it was getting hard with every passing second of the intense silence and several gazes on her.

    "You beat him up that too just for a scarf!?" Sirius whisper hissed to her from beside and she was finding it hard to breath due to her emotions reaching the peak.

     "Sirius, wait, there must be some other reason" Remus spoke up slowly.

   "That doesnt mean she will do this to him" Sirius hissed to Remus now.

   "Amelia dear, what actually happened tell us, we'll help" Lyra said softly reaching out to hold her hand warmly, byt Amelia only pulled her hand back still not looking up.

   "Amelia? Why would you do that?" Sirius asked, his tone only causing her more tears to prick in her eyes and she didnt know why, she tried so hard to swallow them.