Chapter 33 | Remus

"OH COME ON SAY MY NAME!" Amelia exclaimed to her godson, who wouldnt say her name. He let out a little laugh of joy as Amelia banged her head playfully on the table in desperation.

"Teddy say Harry!" Harry called from a little afar.

"Hawei!" Teddy exclaimed with a happy clap, Harry grinned victoriously at Amelia who gawked offended.

"Say Amelia!"

"Mayyy" Teddy sing songed. Amelia pouted at her in feign anger.

Today everyone in the house were gone somehwere or the other as it was christmas, leaving Amelia, Harry and Teddy alone. The three were having a nice time together, in the grand house, running around.

Tomorrow was Amelia's birthday, to which she decided she wouldnt pay any mind, because again- expectations hurt. And seeing mostly all of them in the house were not at all vocal about the fact, she assumed that they again forgot. And this time she felt really pleasant about it.

Atleast there wont be any drama.

But she couldnt help but notice Harry's little weird behavior. Her and him were cool after the previous night, both ate the chocolates which Harry got for her as a Christmas present, together. Amelia made fun of him for that though, but Harry too joined in.

Right now Teddy was waiting patiently for his granny to come, as she was gone to the cementery to visit Tonks' grave. It was mid afternoon until there was a knock on the door, Amelia got up with Teddy in her arms going to open it.

"Seems like Andy's here Teddy!" Amelia sing songed to her godson, he grinned cheerfully back in response.

Amelia open the door with swing seeing it was not who she expected, instead it was Remus, smiling down warmly at the two. Amelia' smile fell slightly while Teddy started jumping to get into his father's arms.

"Hey there bud" Remus smiled taking his son in his arms. Amelia peaked behind Remus to see where were Lyra and Estella, as the three went put together after Estella insisting to have time with her parents together, but right now both of them were no where to be seen.

"Estella, Lily, and Lyra caught up and now there are shopping" Remus spoke sensing Amelia's gaze. She pursed her lips barely nodding and turning around going back to her place.

Remus came behind her with Teddy in his arms and sat on the other end of the couch where Amelia sat, making Teddy sit on his lap. He looked at Amelia while she pretended to read the newspaper. "Is Harry gone somewhere?"

"Nope, he's upstairs" Amelia answered shortly without glancing up at him. She heard him hum. After another moment of silence he spoke again. "So, have you opened the chocolates from last night, did you like them?"

Amelia stayed quite for a little while and slowly looked up at him and gulped before speaking "I havent opened it, yet"

"Oh, okay" Remus smiled a little. "Tell me if you like them, though I know they're your favourite ones."

Amelia stayed quite and slowly looked away from him going back to reading. Again after a while she heard Remus clear his throat, she could feel a little tension in the room, he called in a small voice "Amelia"

She turned to him with an eyebrow raised "What?"

It came out slightly harsh, she did not expect to sound rude. But Remus pursed his lips and reluctantly spoke up again "Why did you- why did you not take Sirius' gift last night?"

All of Amelia's expression fell and now she held a blank look. Remus looked little stiff and tensed but was still expecting an answer. Amelia shook her head bitterly and turned away.