Chapter 60 | Its The Beginning!

The door of Amelia's room opened revealing the same beautifully dressed Amelia in the bridal gown stepping out and much to everyone's surprises, with a bright smile on her face, "Are you ready, Sev?"

"Amelia—" Sev stared at her slightly scared with her smile suddenly. She stepped forward interwining her arm with his and then glanced at her cousin, "Where's my bouquet Este?"

"Uh—here." Estella handed the white flowered bouquet coming out of her shock. Amelia smiled up at Sev again, "Its time, Sev. What are you staring at? Is something wrong?"

"N-No," Sev stuttered and glanced at Sierra for help, who stepped forward herself confuse, "Amelia, a-are you sure—"

"Am I sure? About what Mum?" Amelia chuckled, "That if I dont want to get married and dump Harry at the alter? Ofcourse not. I am gonna get married today, I dont want to go to azkaban—"

"Amelia, I know you are hearing this," Everyone halted and stared confused at each other as Sirius' voice echoed out of nowhere, "I dont care how many people are going to listen to this and think how awful of a father I've been but its the truth, I have indeed been an awful father."

Amelia's chest tightened again hearing Sirius' voice echo in the whole place when no one knew where he was. He continued, "Back in 1980 when the whole wizarding world was set on chaos, most of us were dealing with the most dreadful phase of our lives, I had my daughter, Amelia."

"And everything for me changed. Along with my daughter came the most blissful feeling of becoming a father and I couldnt have been happier. Actually I hadnt been happier. December 27th was the only date that had provided me with the most happiness ever possible on this earth. My world couldnt have been brighter, I dont know if there's any thing which brings such great of a joy as becoming a father. Everytime I would I look at that tiny adorable bundle in my arms I always knew that I'd sacrifice everything I have for that little smile, there could be nothing as important to me. But one day everything was ruined, my life fell apart, I lost everything I had. My daughter, my wife, my friends, I lost all of them. Hopelessly sitting behind the bars of that dreadful place I've been, I wondered if there was someone taking care of my daughter. There was. She was safe, I knew. Someone protected her even better than I could ever had maybe. When I came back I made several mistakes. Actually I made blunders. I let go off the only family I had left, my own daughter. I hate every moment of that time I hurt my daughter myself. She kept complaining and I did nothing about it."  

Sirius took a pause as his voice shuddered, Amelia wondered if he too had been crying like her while speaking all this. She looked around at everyone, all of them had tears in their eyes, Sierra being held by Lily as she was on a verge of breakdown.

Sierra never knew what had actually happened between Amelia and Sirius while she was not there. All she knew there was a little rift between them that later got solved out. It was Amelia who had stopped everyone from telling Sierra anything about the past, because she didnt want to hurt her mother who loved her father so much.

"I am sorry, Amelia," Sirius began again, "No matter how many times I apologise and you forgive me, it wont change what I have done to you. So all I will say is that I am proud to be your father and I love you more than anything, you are the most precious thing in my life that I can never afford to lose." The voice died down again, everybody looked at each other obliviously until suddenly when the door open revealing Sirius.

His drenched eyes straight finding his daughter, a smile on his lips full of all the love he could bottle up. Amelia hadnt the words at the moment, feeling herself surging with overwhelmingness. A tearful chuckle erupted from her throat as she ran straight in his direction to engulf him in the tightest hug possible.