One

I stepped out of the bathroom with my pink silk robe with black spots on it. It was new and a gift. But even that couldn't make me happy. Because I knew what I had to do. Chuck was laying in the bed trying to catch his breath as I walked over. "We need to talk." I stated, sitting on the side of the bed and Chuck sat up, leaning against the headboard.

"You sound serious." Chuck stated, smirking at me. "I can handle that if you want."

I chuckled, letting out a deep breath. I felt my stomach knot up. Chuck lightly took my chin making me look back up at him. "What's wrong?" Chuck asked.

"I know that this year is going to be hard for you and I'm going to be busy with taking over my dad's company. I just think we need we need to figure some things out. Worry less about the couple stuff and more on the company stuff." Chuck took my hands.

"Is that what you want?"

I quickly shook my head. "No. It's going to be the hardest thing I have ever done, but I know how important this is for you and if waiting is what I have to do to support you then that is what I will do."

Chuck stared at me for a moment before getting up from the bed. He didn't say a word. He put on his robe and walked over to his pants reaching into his pocket. I could feel my nerves on fire waiting for him to say something. "No other people and this isn't a break up." Chuck walked over to me sitting down in front of me and that was the first time I noticed he was holding a black box. I could feel my heart pounding. "I don't want anyone else. Once we get what we want. It's you and me forever." He opened the box, showing me the ring from what felt like forever ago.

I could feel the tears in my eyes. I looked up at him, putting my hand on his cheek. "Forever."

~~~

London. A perfect place to meet with my employees and investors and business partners and members of the board in a nice environment. I was shining in his environment. It was weird seeing John because nice to me. All I could think about was interning with him. 'We both know the only reason you are here is because your father wants to give you a taste of this line of work, but we also know that it doesn't matter. You'll get this company whether you are actually good at this job or not. So why would I waste my time on you?' I'm not sure I like it. Him being nice is like me sleeping with Humphrey. Not right.

But there was one thing that just didn't fit. A man, around my age, in an expensive suit charming his way through the party. I know when someone is up to something. "That is Micheal Tate." I heard Bryn standing next to me with a drink in his hand. "His father owns a million dollar company in California and he wants to branch to Manhattan, but his father wants him to have an investor first. He plans on stealing ours."

"How do you know that?" I asked, looking over at him.

"I'm Chief Financial Officer. He wanted my help starting his company up and taking yours down."

Anger ran through me. "What a bastard!"

"You're turning red. Stop it." I took a deep breath in, calming myself. "Smile. You're the center of this party." I put the smile on my face and Bryn clinked his glass against mine with a fake smile of his own. "He plans on turning people against you and proving you to be on fit. Get them to believe you will run the company in the ground before it even gets started. All he needs to do is get the biggest member on the board to turn and the rest will follow."

"You can't be serious." I said through my smiling teeth.

"And it's not going to be easy to prove them otherwise."

I couldn't stop the confusion on my face. "What do you mean?"

"Well, he does have one major advantage."