Chapter 4 - "The first convo..."

"First impression is the last impression?....Nayyyy."

Flashback:

Though my hands leave that boy my eyes don't shift from her seraphic face. Since my childhood, I was only focused on my studies and career. I never really felt how it feels to be in love. I never believed in that magic which now is binding me into its spell. She turns her face sideward. Only then, I realise that she is not alone. Two more girls are standing beside her. Maybe her classmates or friends. She mumbles something into her friend's ear and again glances at me. I am still standing like a statue. Manik Malhotra, the hot-headed spontaneous guy actually has lost his speech. One of her friends says something to her and all of them turn on their heels to leave the place. Only then, my reverie gets broken; just because her angelic face disappears from my sight.

"Manik Bhai..she is going? Won't you say anything?"

Nitish whispers against my ear. I reply in a trance.

"What should I say?"

Nitish must be surprised to hear me. How silly I sounded. My eyes are still fixed on her dispersing frame. Nitish again utters,

"Anything. At least try to introduce yourself. Otherwise, how will she know about your feeling?"

His words make sense. I look at him and smile.

"Find out the classroom where she is having her next class."

My words bring an ear-to-ear grin to his face. Except for two boys all exit. Rahul asks in a concerned tone,

"But, Bhai, what if she won't like you?"

I turn my face to the canteen soft drink freezer and look at my reflection on the glass.

"It won't happen."

I scratch my stubble and reply sarcastically.

Present time:

I loll back and giggle out.

"I was so right. She used to love my stubble. Nandini, it was not hard to win your heart despite having a bad boy image that you got from our first encounter. But it's truly said, the first impression is not always the last and final impression."

I get up and reach the cupboard. I take out my unfinished bottle of rum.

"Go to hell, Mr Cabir Dhawan. Let me remember her more. Let me hate her a little more."

I sit on the bed and gulp some liquor. I can remember the first time when I actually talked to her.

Flashback:

According to my gang's information, she is in the third classroom on the second floor. I decide to stroll along the corridor. So that, I can catch her after the class. She may be with her friends but that's not the problem. I have already planned how to initiate the conversation. I am frequently glancing at my watch. It seems every minute is passing like an hour. The classroom door is wide open. If I stand on the threshold, I can easily find out her among all the students. However, it is not possible. Because in that case, I will be located by the professor too and professor K.D Roy has some special love for me. He often calls me to explain the topic during his lecture when we attend his classes. It's just because he wants to know how clearly I have understood the chapter. I chuckle. I know I am a bright student but that doesn't mean I can take a 1st-year medical class. Moreover, Nandini is there. It would be highly embarrassing if I do any mistakes. I already have messed the first impression, now, I can't spoil the second impression too. I again pass the classroom door keeping an eye inside, in the hope to get a glance of hers.