Chapter 25-"Love synonymizes pain..?"

"True love is not easy and easy love is not true."

Flashback:

I make Aliya lie on my bed. She got unconscious in the bathroom. Maybe the repercussion of the incident. Thankfully I was there. Otherwise, those ruffians would have pulled her inside their car and I can imagine what they were up to eventually. I brought her here instead of getting her to Nandini's house. Because Aliya didn't want it. Maybe she doesn't want her Uncle Mr Chandresh Murthy to come to know about this unpleasant incident. Sometimes over strictness decreases the transparency and truthfulness between relationships. For example, if Nandini had the truthfulness and transparency in her relationship with her father, she wouldn't have hesitated to fight for our love. Love needs not only loyalty to each other but also the courage to say it openly. I cover Aliya with a bedsheet, wipe her face and come out keeping the door ajar. Let her sleep and recover from the trauma. After that, I will get her to her house. I was about to sit on a chair and light my puff a bang on my closed door was heard. With a dissatisfactory mind and expression, I open it just to see Nandini on the threshold.

"Came to show you something. Hope it will open your eyes."

She spurts out and almost pushes me to enter as a comet. Without much ado, she takes out something from her handbag. I concentrate on it. A wedding card. Damn! Did she come over here to confirm my deadliest dream? Is she really going to marry that guy? I walk to her and almost snatch the card from her hand. My mind is boiling with anger. I open it and roam my eyes hastily on it.

"You are invited to the

....Wedding....

Joining the lives of

Miss Nandini Murthy

&

Mr Smaran Hebbar

Saturday 24th February

....Venue....

Grace Banquette Hall

432 Greater Kailash New Delhi

Greetings...

Chandresh Murthy

"I am going to get married next Saturday. This is what you wanted, right?"

Her words hit my ears but somehow couldn't penetrate my mind. She has come here to invite me to her marriage reception. Someone mumbles inside my brain. I don't answer her, still skirting my eyes on the piece of paper.

"If you really had loved me then you would have apologised to Appa. But you always put forward your ego. You don't care whether your anger hurts the other person. What do you think of yourself? You will keep on hurting me and I will keep on coming back to you? Whatever you said to Appa that day just to prove me wrong shows that you only think about your ego."

She continues her blabbering but my mind gets stuck on that card. She came here not only to invite me but to make me realise how unsuitable I am for her. She keeps on ranting,

"What mistake Appa did to have a preconceived notion about our relationship? You made him feel that you can't keep me happy. You will turn out to be a disloyal partner. Who can't respect his girl he can't respect the relationship either."

Suddenly the word disloyal hits my mind. What does she know about disloyalty? What does she know how does it feel when someone becomes disloyal to his loved one? My mind explodes with anger and anguish. I didn't know whether I was doing wrong or right but I feel the urge to hurt her the same way she did. She cut me out of her life so I am free to cut her out of my heart. She gave me this immense pain so she deserves to get it back in the right way. I near my bedroom door and purposely open it so that she could have a clear view of Aliya. It hits the bull's eye. Nandini's wide-open eyes get fixed on the bed. Disbelief, surprise, pain...etc...etc...all the emotions gather in her eyes as I expected. But I have to continue my acting longer. Just to increase the pain in her heart and pacify mine. She looked at me with sheer astonishment and I said with a casual shrug,