I Need Some Sleep

The title means I'm just sleep-deprived in a very noisy building that doesn't care if I'm sleep-deprived. They're literally slamming doors as I'm typing this. I mean the title also ties into the chapter but I needed to also vent for a second there.

Now we have our main four factions: House Amiyama (most of the main protagonists), the Aytolisian army (led by LIANNA and ROWAN, and includes you), the Hyrulian army (led by ZELDA and LINK), and the unaffiliated (AZURA, MIDNA, TEXAS ROBIN, TINA-CHAN, and DARK PIT). SCOTT THE WOZ fits in there somewhere, but we'll get there when we get there.

Oh yeah and there'll be more too, because of course there would be. Who knows, it might be a musical too, why not? Now that everything is established, so too will the main focus: House Amiyama, wherein DARIOS and MORTY are cuddling up with each other in their temporary bedroom. DARIOS is fast asleep, but MORTY cannot sleep. He's just like me, oh golly gee. The door quietly opens and REN's head pokes through. REN notices the two lying down and goes to leave.

MORTY: (whispering, to REN) Are you alright?

REN stops.

REN: (quietly) Oh, yeah, I was just checking in on you guys. Are you alright?

MORTY: (phasing out of Darios' arms and floating over to REN effortlessly) Ghosts cannot sleep, otherwise it'd defeat the purpose of our existence as the undead.

REN: Really?

MORTY: Yes. A ghost is born out of regret, usually during an untimely death. If we think or even say as such before we perish as humans, then we live a perpetual afterlife in this world.

REN: (in shock) Oh damn, that's awesome. Kind of morbid, but mostly awesome.

MORTY: (shaking his head) Not if you're like me and died from... (his voice trails off, as if he were in a trance, then snaps out of it) Thank you again, Ren, for letting us stay with you. And for conveniently abducting us, even if it were some sort of impulse.

REN: I mean I've only known you guys for less than a day but I trust and support you both.

MORTY: (gives REN a melancholy smile) Thank you. (looks over to DARIOS, who's still asleep) You remind me a lot of him. Black hair, dark eyes. Flexible and using your head, but using your heart as well. You two even sound alike.

REN: (in genuine disbelief) I don't hear it at all.

MORTY: You're right, I could just be tired from a long day. Well, not in that I need sleep, but I... you know what I mean, yes?

REN: Yeah, I should probably go to sleep myself. Good night, Morty.

MORTY: (smiles softly) Good night, Ren. I'll see you tomorrow morning.

REN nods, smiles back, and leaves without saying anything. MORTY retreats into DARIOS' arms and cuddles up. Quietly, REN makes his way back to his room, which he shares with HARU. HARU is laying in bed with her eyes closed. REN carefully gets into bed and lies next to her, only for HARU to roll over and hold him close to him.

HARU: (whispering) How are they holding up?

REN: (whispering back) Good. (A beat) Apparently I look and sound like Darios.

HARU: (bluntly) I don't see the resemblance at all.

REN: (stifling back a laugh) I know, right?

HARU holds him closer. God I wish I could touch my boyfriend.

HARU: I love you, honey. Let's try and get some sleep for tomorrow, alright? It's going to be an interesting day for sure.

REN is already asleep in HARU's arms, mainly from exhaustion. HARU sighs, then giggles softly, running her fingers through his hair. Oh yeah I should mention for all 1 people here who read "Go Read a Book or Something", now his hair is the real deal and not a wig, but there's relatively the same continuity otherwise.

HARU: Goodnight, Ren.

The two sleep together in that bed peacefully, as I hope to be in a few minutes. Meanwhile, AKECHI stays true to his word, and lurks the basement during the entirety of this chapter/scene. What the hell does he do down there? Who knows! I don't! I'm going to sleep now! Make your own headcanons for basement!AKECHI or whatever!